LegacyGT.com

Logs of my MickeyD's Stage 1 05 LGT 5MT

Dark-V

Hey,

First time getting the car running with a tune, I checked my Learning View on the stock car, and there was no knock all around. So I decided to bite the bullet and go with MickeyD's Stage 1 rev.2.

First things first... the car pulls SO much harder now. I checked to see what I needed to log and did two 3rd gear pulls, which are attached. I see there is Knock Correction as high as 6... That seems bad, but I'll let you guys tell me what's really up.

Also, does the car need to "settle in" with the tune? Or can I just flash and do some 3rd gear pulls? That is what I did.

Also, IAM started at 0.7 (as per MickeyD's tune) and went right up to 1, which is good right?

All right, I'll let you guys look at the 3rd gear pulls, both on the same stretch of road and temp.

Thanks!!

PS: The car is stock and running on 93 oct.

3rd Gear

http://www.box.net/shared/o4oxbdj6r5

3rd gear again

http://www.box.net/shared/j7e7xl7lbq

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Knock Correction as high as 6... That seems bad, but I'll let you guys tell me what's really up.

Also, IAM started at 0.7 (as per MickeyD's tune) and went right up to 1, which is good right?

That is the max amount of timing that is added to the base timing. Your knock correction at 6 is exactly what you want to see on a WOT run (on this tune, other tunes may be different), any less and something isn't right.

IAM on a good tune will go to 1 very quickly.

Your learning view OTH will take a while to populate. Take a look at it after driving for a few days or a week (w/o resetting the ECU). Then post it up.

Nothing at all unsafe about those logs, they look perfect.

I agree. Very polished. Mickey wouldn't have published that map without dozens of revisions on many cars and it shows. Very smooth and controlled boost (and WGDC). Timing stays above 14. Good call going with this map.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I am no VF40 expert (unlike other here) but that tune looks perfectly fine, not very aggressive maybe, but 100% safe.

Can't get much more aggressive at stg 1 really, the boost and timing is right where it should be. The tune is as close to perfect as you will get. As I have said in the past, I will take Mickeyd's stg 1 mapping over ANY vendor tune. It is just far more polished.

Wow... that good really?!

What would I really look for when I datalog? Sudden changes in the timing? If I see a dip in correction or total timing I should assume there is some kind of knock?

Still learning about this high level on tuning, but it's awesome that this tune works!

Wow... that good really?!

What would I really look for when I datalog? Sudden changes in the timing? If I see a dip in correction or total timing I should assume there is some kind of knock?

Still learning about this high level on tuning, but it's awesome that this tune works!

A sudden dip in timing can indicate knock.

Next time log FBKC (FeedBack Knock Correction), as long as it is at 0 the ECU is not actively reacting to knock.

Not a bad idea to look at your learning view from time to time as well, but it is most accurate after the car has been driven for a while.

Can't get much more aggressive at stg 1 really, the boost and timing is right where it should be. The tune is as close to perfect as you will get. As I have said in the past, I will take Mickeyd's stg 1 mapping over ANY vendor tune. It is just far more polished.

The only reason I say that is I pretended he had 18s and plotted whp, looks a little low, but maybe he had 800 lbs in the car, and was making 240 whp?:lol:

To the OP: what extra weight in the car, and what size tires?

The only reason I say that is I pretended he had 18s and plotted whp, looks a little low, but maybe he had 800 lbs in the car, and was making 240 whp?:lol:

To the OP: what extra weight in the car, and what size tires?

Are you plotting that mine is 240whp?? That'd be AWESOME! haha! Guess I won't really know until I get it dynoed.

The car is stock. any extra weight would be a pair of shoes, a qt. of oil and some cleaning products.

Tires and rims are stock, crappy RE92's.

*edit* I did the same plotting, and I think I know why it's reading so low, my pulls were going uphill. That's the best safe place for me to make my runs. I'll probably going take so more pulls somewhere flat to get better accuracy.

alll i can say is mickeyd's tune worked wonders for my 5eat stage 2. I still need to get it protuned just wish mickeyd was near the ny area.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Are you plotting that mine is 240whp?? That'd be AWESOME! haha! Guess I won't really know until I get it dynoed.

The car is stock. any extra weight would be a pair of shoes, a qt. of oil and some cleaning products.

Tires and rims are stock, crappy RE92's.

*edit* I did the same plotting, and I think I know why it's reading so low, my pulls were going uphill. That's the best safe place for me to make my runs. I'll probably going take so more pulls somewhere flat to get better accuracy.

I figured stock tires. I showed less then 200 whp, but in all honesty my whp graphs show very low. I pulled a 2.2 sec 60-80 mph the other day, and it was in the 80sF, yet my whp showed at around 300.

Oh I see the edit, uphill! I would suspect you should show a little over 200 whp for your tune, at any rate don't get too hung up over the numbers.

FWIW measure your tires diameter, they are almost always smaller then the measurements would suggest, hurts the ego when you look at the whp plots.;)

IIRC, I saw about 199 h.p. and ~ 225ft. lbs. peak (airboy's plot) with a tweaked MickeyD stage 1 on 92 pump gas. This seems in line.

I'm ready to switch back over to petrol from E-85, since there is only one station in town and the delta between E-85 and premium is getting smaller. Perhaps I'll flash the stock map back on to see what kind of baseline I have and see what kind of gains the stage I gets. Anyone interested? Would you also like to see what E-85 does with stage I?

My brother-in-law is in town this week as well with his VF-39 powered 06 FXT. Currently he is running the Cobb VF-39 map and I'm hoping to get some time with Cobb's new A/P Race and tweak his tune as Cobb's effort seems a bit mundane.

Still loving MickeyD's tune! Makes me want to keep going with more mods.

I repeat....:lol:

The tune is as close to perfect as you will get. As I have said in the past, I will take Mickeyd's stg 1 mapping over ANY vendor tune. It is just far more polished.

Mickeyd actually taught me how to tune ;)

Man I wish someone would set this up for use on the AP.

Anyone know if Mickeyd's tune should be used with 91 or 93 octane?

It is based on a 91 octane tune done in Hawaii. It can easily be converted the same way as you would in RomRaider with Cobb street tuner.

I'm going to be sticking with the 91 oct. tune just because I don't stick with the same brand of gas, and just for peace of mind. If it tune it more aggressive for better gas, there is a higher chance of something messing up. I'd rather just stick with a better, safer tune than get 100% of of my current mods.

I can't wait to try out MickeyD's Stage 2.5 tune... Now... just to get the money for the parts... :lol:

Archived