LegacyGT.com

Logs of my MickeyD's Stage 1 05 LGT 5MT

Dark-V

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an entirely stock car. That's what stage 1 is. 16psi is a huge difference from the 13.5ish psi stock. Plus with the Merchgod fix and MickeyD's tune the car is a LOT more fun to drive.

Before I went stage 1, the car was a bit... "blah" to drive. Going WOT on the highway without downshifting just made the car stutter and feel like crap. Not anymore, made me love my car all over again!

What determines if you need to apply the Merchgod fix? I've read some info about "WGDC Delay", but I can't say that I truly understand this stuff. How do Cobb, TDC or PDX OTS maps get around the issue, or don't they?

What determines if you need to apply the Merchgod fix? I've read some info about "WGDC Delay", but I can't say that I truly understand this stuff. How do Cobb, TDC or PDX OTS maps get around the issue, or don't they?

You can easily tell by your rom version or by logging WGDC. TDC or PDX has nothing to do with how the delay is removed. Cobb flashes their own rom image over the ecu, with opensource tool you are actually editing the oem rom. This is why the dealer can check your cal ID# and know you have an AP modified rom.

Infamous1 - Many thanks for all of your help! Just to make sure I have this more or less correct. I can download the "stock" rom image using AccessTuner RACE (which means I'll have to unmarry my APv2 first). I can then modify the stock tune with the tables per MikeyD's tune and then flash the MikeyD tune to the vehicle (either via AcessTuner RACE or via my APv2... and the WGDC delay isn't an issue? Or is there something else that I'm missing here?

With respect to the cal ID#, the dealer can tell from this even after you unmarry the APv2? I mistakenly understood that this wasn't an issue with the APv2 since it downloaded the stock map.

Infamous1 - Many thanks for all of your help! Just to make sure I have this more or less correct. I can download the "stock" rom image using AccessTuner RACE (which means I'll have to unmarry my APv2 first). I can then modify the stock tune with the tables per MikeyD's tune and then flash the MikeyD tune to the vehicle (either via AcessTuner RACE or via my APv2... and the WGDC delay isn't an issue? Or is there something else that I'm missing here?

With respect to the cal ID#, the dealer can tell from this even after you unmarry the APv2? I mistakenly understood that this wasn't an issue with the APv2 since it downloaded the stock map.

In the case of Access Tuner RACE I don't know for sure if it pulls roms, haven't tuned anyone with it yet (scheduled). But I don't think the AP pulls anything, Cobb actually supplys the stock mapping already. But yes you would just transfer over MickeyD's tables then flash the map onto the ecu. The WG delay isn't an issue on the Cobb stock map image.

As for the cal or ecu ID it is only an issue with the APv1 or a married APv2, I was just using that as an example.

In the case of Access Tuner RACE I don't know for sure if it pulls roms, haven't tuned anyone with it yet (scheduled). But I don't think the AP pulls anything, Cobb actually supplys the stock mapping already.

COBB supplied the stock mapping w/ AP vs #1 only, on Vs #2 it pulls whatever map is on the car.

I was just looking at the link in the OP - I wanted to compare is his average psi vs what my car did stock. On the dyno my car averaged 9.8. Based on the logs, his averaged 12.8. More than that, however...look at the comparison. Yes, I know it's VERY crude. It's not exact. But the curve shape (however much techinically smaller) would be the same. LOTS of area between the two down low. That's VERY exciting for me, as I get closer to stage 2.

:)

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57162&stc=1&d=1220988544

ecutunestg1boostcompare.JPG.c80dc497e9f4a4c5bfabd9c0fa6e6f97.JPG

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

Has anyone setup Mikey-d's tune for use on an AP or AccessTuner Race? I can't seem to figure out how to download the "stock" map in AccessTuner... beyond that, given my very limited knowledge the tables are named differently in AccessTuner, so in some cases I'm not even sure where to paste Mikey-d's values...

Anyone willing to set up Mikey-d's tune as an AP flashable version?

Has anyone setup Mikey-d's tune for use on an AP or AccessTuner Race? I can't seem to figure out how to download the "stock" map in AccessTuner... beyond that, given my very limited knowledge the tables are named differently in AccessTuner, so in some cases I'm not even sure where to paste Mikey-d's values...

Anyone willing to set up Mikey-d's tune as an AP flashable version?

Use one of the available stage maps from Cobb to build the map into, replacing thier values with MickeyD's. Just start out with the tables you know correspond and ask here when you come to one where the naming conventions don't match. It should be pretty straight forward.

Infamous1: Car is an 05 5MT

biz77: Sounds like a good idea, I'll give that a try and see how far I can get. Thanks.

If I get it setup, would anyone be willing to "check" it before I actually flash the ECU?

Use one of the available stage maps from Cobb to build the map into, replacing thier values with MickeyD's. Just start out with the tables you know correspond and ask here when you come to one where the naming conventions don't match. It should be pretty straight forward.

Don't do this. merchgod translates the ecu direct values into what he believes are correct phyical values. Cobb translates them too but differently.

I've helped people use street tuner (haven't seen race) and I know that for certain it is different on street tuner.

Don't do this. merchgod translates the ecu direct values into what he believes are correct phyical values. Cobb translates them too but differently.

I've helped people use street tuner (haven't seen race) and I know that for certain it is different on street tuner.

Hey I remeber you......:)

Many of the tables do correlate, but you are correct from the one time I've used A/T Race thus far I do remember some variation. For example the turbo dynamics tables represent boost error in mmHg IIRC. Do you recall other variation and how can we work around it?

As a collaberative effort we should be able to get this into a A/T Race format.

99% of the time, especially with these ECUs, I am 100% certain that the units represented in RomRaider are precisely correct. If there's some uncertainly, then I'll usually use the "raw ecu value" and the unit name will reflect this. The problem with converting a tune in RomRaider to some other software is more than just different units that may be involved -> obviously there will be different table naming conventions, the units conversion may not be clear in the other software to make a direct comparison, some tables may not be available in one piece of software that are available in another, etc. That is, it is not for noobs -> you need to be intimately familiar with the ECU and I don't mean just proficient in the use of the software. I can't comment on Cobb's software as I haven't used it before (except for the super-old first version of Streettuner), but I would take MickeyD's word for it that there are obvious differences (which would be expected).

Anyway, if you have a question about the unit conversion in RomRaider, I'd be glad to clarify.

Thanks merchgod. I'm a total noob, I've just read some many good things about MikeyD's tune, I want to try it (vs my Stage 1 TDC tune). I was looking to see if it could be done via an APv2/Streetuner RACE instead of OS. I guess basically I'm too cheap to by a Tactrix cable! :)

So from what I'm understanding here besides the different in physical units (i.e. PSI vs. Bar, etc) there may be differences in how the values are represented in the tables (i.e. 0.5 in RomRaider may not be the same as 0.5 in STR). That definitely complicates things and takes it far beyond something that I would be able to do.

Oh well... I guess I'll just hold tight until I can afford to fully go Stage 2 and a tune.

99% of the time, especially with these ECUs, I am 100% certain that the units represented in RomRaider are precisely correct. If there's some uncertainly, then I'll usually use the "raw ecu value" and the unit name will reflect this.

What if we have information we feel is beneficial to determining what some of these ECU "Raw Values" are? Do we submit this info to you for review to see if they should be implemented into the ECU defs?

What if we have information we feel is beneficial to determining what some of these ECU "Raw Values" are? Do we submit this info to you for review to see if they should be implemented into the ECU defs?

With this ECU, there's only one "raw ecu value" used with the latest RomRaider ECU defs (released this week) and that is with "requested torque". I'm guessing that the value represents torque in n-M, but being that this it is an arbitrary value (that is, the ECU has no means for directly measuring torque), it really isn't critical so I've left it is as is.

I'm not sure what info you could "submit" unless you are actively involved in reverse-engineering these ECUs. What info do you have? What is your methodology for determining it?

Archived