LegacyGT.com

~2.5Ivs2.5GT How to Convince the Wife?~

My wife is set on the Legacy 2.5I.....she says that "we do not need the GT' version. THat was all fine adn dandy 6 months back (when the HP was the same) but with the new model coming out soon.....I WAN TTHE GT! HOw do I convince her to buy the GT instead of the 2.5i? :(

Don't ask me...my wife is taking kickboxing classes. Actually, the 2.5i is a fine car. People who have driven say that it's the aces, and I believe that was the version that won N.Z. Car of the Year (though I could be mistaken). Kevin

[quote name='Tide']I went with seat warmers. Women dig that.[/quote] Haha nice Tide. I was thinking, not really realistically, but a possible scenario where you got a 2.5GT and swapped the badges with that of a 2.5i. That way you'd fool her and everyone else!
-ben

Well if you go with Invoice via IMBA and get the base GT, its not much more, and think of better resale value, fun value, and other options.... its not just an engine.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='akm3']Upgrade to new wife.[/quote] Ahahaha- and I thought I was being witty!

Higher resale value. Safer because of quicker passing maneouvers. Looks better with a hole in the hood. Will get better gas mileage due to the massive torque of the turbo model needing less of a pedal to the metal to get going. :twisted: (actually, first two I'm serious about) Safer when/if fully loaded due to having the ability to get out of it's own way when you realize a semi is bearing down on you. Cheers, Paul Hansen

Bigger brakes, stops quicker. And what everyone else already said. Take her for a drive in a Forester XT and just dip into boost a hair. Just give her a little taste of what it's all about. ;) I thought I'd stick with NA engines until I got in the FXT last year some time. Now I've got to have boost. :D Take her out to an AutoX with you. ;)

[quote]Upgrade to new wife. [/quote] Boy is it tough in here! :wink: :lol: Seriously, I think the safety of the power on demand is a good one. Unfortunately, the seat heaters are available on the 2.5i Ltd. as well as the GT and GT Ltd. Of course she doesn't need to know that! :lol: Also, the i doesn't get the turn signals in the mirrors. Good luck spinning that one though! :lol: -Ian

It's easy, make her believe that because you are getting the GT, you'll be able to keep it for 10 years since it will be such a dream to drive. Over the course of 10 years the amortization of the added cost of a GT (vs. 2.5i) is only marginal. 8) It all makes perfect business sense! That is certainly the argument I will use with my wife if she challenges the GT choice vs. 2.5i.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Just tell her YOU want it, it is worth it to YOU, it is important to YOU, and it will make YOU happy. And that the difference is price isn't THAT much more, so why not get the one you BOTH want? This will only work if you don't whine a lot and buy a ton of 'guy' stuff normally. You have to cash in all your saved up "Good Husband' chips, if you will. P.S. Also mention that having the sportier car will help offset a coming midlife crisis which will save her from buying a Corvette or a BMW or something "* LET ME HAVE MY SPORTY CAR, WIFE *"

Tell her you need GT Limited with all the bells and whistles, and then after some fighting come down to base GT :). Or start from Infiniti G35AWD and Audi or BMW if you want GT limited at the end :) This tread makes me realize that I'm lucky not to think about questions like that. It's sufficient for me to say "This is what I want" and she supports my choice, I must be happy to have a wife like that :D.

U could always use the line of more bang for yr buck and much better trade in when it comes time to upsell to the next GT, maybe a GTR! Tell her there are more mirrors with lights in the GT that could get some bonus points too

I guess I'm lucky I've got a wife like dimil's. Then again, she is putting her foot down about the STi pedals and she gave me a pretty funny look when I mentioned the auto-dimming mirror w/digital compas. :wink: :lol: :lol: Fortunately she's the one who's demanding a moonroof and leather. :D -Ian

Archived