LegacyGT.com

DP Necessary For AP Stage II?

GULLABLE0NE

i have not bought my Cobb AccessPort yet but i have been told by a few people that a downpipe is not needed to run the stage 2 maps. since i don't know the extent of their subaru knowledge i ask you guys (the professionals). i have looked around the site and it appears most go w/ the DP on stage 2 but is a downpipe necessary to go stage 2?

I just bought an Invidia catless DP - looks to be amazing quality. There was a group buy for it; check that forum. PM the guy; maybe he can hook you up?
SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

Gut the stock DP if you want a "free" semi-ghetto upgrade.

Spend as little as $200 for a catless DP or as much as $600 for a hi-flow catted aftermarket DP.

Your call.

Using the word "ghetto" makes it sound like it's not a worthy mod. When at stage 2 aftermarket DP's have shown very very little gain in HP/TQ over gutted OEM DP's. From what I've read here anyway. YMMV.

Cheers!

Using the word "ghetto" makes it sound like it's not a worthy mod. When at stage 2 aftermarket DP's have shown very very little gain in HP/TQ over gutted OEM DP's. From what I've read here anyway. YMMV.

Cheers!

Nah, that is just how Dave talks! :lol: Ghetto is use in terms of easy/cheap way, slightly less power.

Using the word "ghetto" makes it sound like it's not a worthy mod.

Hey now, I said "semi-ghetto", not just "ghetto". :) Not that it really matters though.

I ran a stock gutted DP for quite some time and was quite happy with it. I have even thought about selling my Megan DP and going back to a "semi-ghetto" stock gutted DP.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Hey now, I said "semi-ghetto", not just "ghetto". :) Not that it really matters though.

I ran a stock gutted DP for quite some time and was quite happy with it. I have even thought about selling my Megan DP and going back to a "semi-ghetto" stock gutted DP.

That and ditch the RUST!!! :eek: No seriously...

Cheers!

maybe not, but i went with the aftermarket catted DP route because

1. better flow while retaining a cat

2. didn't belch black smoke out of my exhaust and colored up my bumper, which IMHO, is 'ghetto'.

ok so what i gather i can run stage II maps with stock DP as it is but i will not get full gains of a stage II? i ask this because i will be picking up the AP soon but the DP is gonna have to wait. a HFC DP looks like a good 6-700+ bucks and i'd rather get a new one instead of buying used. i'm dying for a new grille and a STS so the DP gets the backburner. thanks for the input

ok so what i gather i can run stage II maps with stock DP as it is but i will not get full gains of a stage II? i ask this because i will be picking up the AP soon but the DP is gonna have to wait. a HFC DP looks like a good 6-700+ bucks and i'd rather get a new one instead of buying used. i'm dying for a new grille and a STS so the DP gets the backburner. thanks for the input

you'll want to use the stage one map until you get the DP.

Archived