LegacyGT.com

Sti lip spoiler installed!

sandwood

With thanks to Keefe and Myles (bc I was chicken about installing the lip) (nice meeting you both). Yeah, I know the car needs a wash. I definitely like the look of the spoiler and think it adds a bit of presence. I'll take some better photos once I clean the car.

It's a lot of ca$h for the lip, but I am happy.

I have pinks and there is maybe 3 inches clearance - haven't measured that yet. Photos are a little misleading because the car is on uneven gravel. It will definitely scrape parking barriers and the like that the car would previously clear. But so far it seems okay with normal curbs/ramps/speed bumps and the like. I will have to be a little more careful. Without pinks I wouldn't be too troubled by the loss of clearance.

Keefe also installed AVO front and rear endlinks and the jdm rear sway. All thumbs up, but I haven't had much of a chance to push the car yet. Cornering feel so far feels little changed, ride is the same. But I'll have to get to a good country road this weekend for some more fun.

lip2.JPG.173791335881e6864cfcf8da07276d59.JPG

lip3.JPG.44c0f7559a3d3fa6ea8636f849051dc4.JPG

lip4.JPG.5e4bd2cddf8c2766597202d99d22a3cc.JPG

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this probably a stupid question, but I take it that is the STI lip? What did you have to modify, purchase, and what not to get it to work? That lip looks like it changes the whole look of the Legacy at least the front end. One of the big things that is keeping from getting a Leg limited is the bumpers, sad but I love the JDM ones. Also the HIDs would be nice, but if those two things are fixed in next year's release you never know. It looks great though, great job

it is the STI lip, yep. it was designed for the JDM bumper, which is why you can see it is a little short on the US bumper in the side-view photo. but it looks very integrated and oem on our cars anyway. you need to cut away 2 small areas of the lip, and not all of the screw holes match up perfectly, but once the car is up on jacks it is relatively straight forward (thank you Keefe).

I bought it from Racecomp and Myles got me a good deal on it.

For a more detailed install guide, check out Legacy05GT's post: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3971

but note that the front bumper does not need to be removed.

great job, they really need to come out with a Legacy STI with JDM bumpers. Hopefully HIDs come next year and fix any little problems they had and I'm sold. First off the JDM bumpers, I really think it changes the whole look of the car. You're probably wondering why looks before power. This is a daily driver and realistically won't be tracking it and racing around, 200 of AWD power is enough for me :p

but note that the front bumper does not need to be removed.

?? How come your fender liner is untucked in the last pic then?

Looks sweet!!!

I was skeptical about spending the cash too, but once I did and installed it I was very happy. Given the chance to do it over, I wouldn't change a thing.....it is a subtle mod but looks great.

Now, I cringe though when I let someone drive my car lest they cram the spoiler into a curb when parking.

:rolleyes:

?? How come your fender liner is untucked in the last pic then?

cause my car is scruffy! :D

I actually have no idea, and now that you mention it, tomorrow morning I will tuck that thing back in. nice catch.

yeah, a full on driveway dip or something might be ugly. I'll just have to pretend I am driving something closer to a sportscar.

:cool:

I have to say.....I was more comfortable working with the bumper off. It was easier to see what had to change with both pieces off the car.

I have about 1/2" clearance coming out of my driveway, due to the dip from the gutter. It will be interesting to see how close I am when it comes time to do suspension work. Maybe I can pour some concrete patch to level off the dip some..... :eek:

Looks great!:cool:

Do they offer quick release fasteners for when the wife borrows my car?

You can probably substitute all the bolts (8 of them, of two which are already push-clips, 10 total holding the lip) for push in clips.. although, the bolts would hold the lip a lot better than the clip since the lip is a bit flimsy by itself.

Keefe

Keefe

Looks great, wish I could justify the price though, maybe one day I guess. Right now I got some other parts to buy, tires/swaybars/endlinks/exhaust. Hope to see your car around sometime seeing as you live in D.C. You should try to make it out to Mach V's dyno day, really would like to check out the lip.

Looks awesome man.....

So is this what you bought (Below)? Or did you get the origial one for the STi 04 model...looks like they might have added one for the 05.....anyone have any ideas.....?

---------------------------------------------------------

STi Legacy “V” Limited Front Lip Spoiler

This lip spoiler fits the 2005 Legacy GT Turbo and GT models; wagon and sedan. Creates near zero lift front end. Made of ABS plastic, similar versions have been used on STi Imprezas for almost 6 months now.

---------------------------------------------------------

legacy_spoiler.jpg.6c46fa5f85b198ddd5b6e70d6aa63bb0.jpg

There is actually about 3 different versions for the JDM Legacy right now - one that fits on the regular Legacy GT turbo (the one that basically fits the USDM Legacy), one designed for the JDM Legacy Spec B, and one that fits the Legacy 3.0R.

For now, everybody is using the Japanese Legacy GT front spoiler by STi - the bottom of the USDM bumper is close enough that it fits.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.e-bacs.com

http://www.apexjapan.com

I noticed the slight blue tinge on the STi badge on the spoiler. It took me 3 weeks to figure out that there is a transparent blue piece of small plastic over teh silver and red STi logo.

You took yours off? I left mine on for protection against scratches :lol:

Archived