LegacyGT.com

New tires. Federal or General. Help!

cfdrumr

which?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. which?

• General UHP
    • Federal SS

i would pick the Federal SS-595 because if you look up the tires on the web, alot of people talk about how good they are.. and if you see drifting cars most of them use it.. because its a good tire that dont cost too much $$$ ..i hope that this helps you..here is the link . http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-132094.html.

I've had the UHPs for about a month now and I'm happy with them so far. Another local member, uberwagon, had them for a while, but switched to something else - I think they wore very quickly. I got the UHPs because I needed 18" tires on a budget because I went slightly overbudget on my rims. They also have a nice big tread pattern that looks like it will work well in the wet up here.

I didn't look at the SS-595.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

There are two versions of the 595. One is for drift, which I assume has the "advantage" of losing traction easily. The other version was on my current Miata when I bought it, and they were surprisingly good - sticky, responsive, and decent in the wet. I ditched them because I hated the 17" on a first-gen Miata. They went on my kid's Civic.

I currently have UHP's on that car, and they are taking forever to scrub off the release compound. Nice & responsive, but the dry grip is not there, at least yet.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I ended up getting the Federals for $85 mounted a corner...they grip MUCH better than the Toyo Proxes 4 I had on before...

Cool. I came from Proxes 4, too, but I killed those at the track :)

OhBe1 - I'm noticing the same thing with my UHPs. I took them on a, er, spirited drive a few weeks ago and that helped, but they still squeal a bit when I go over painted speed bumps...

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Archived