LegacyGT.com

headlight out!!!! :(

After only 9350 miles, my passenger side headlight is not functioning. Brights work though. I am going to inspect the area tomorrow and make sure it had nothing to do with the installation of my Perrin Short Ram, I don't see how it could, but I am going to double check before I bring it in for my oil change and to have the headlight fixed.

Anyone else have this problem?

One of mine went out after less than 2k miles. Ron Price in south SF said to leave it for a day, and I said " for a bulb? you're crazy, can't you just swap it out..takes 2 minutes." They said no...so I went to kragen and bought one..matches perfectly $8 vs. a day without my car plus a ride to and from the dealer ship. Bad customer service on their part.

After only 9350 miles, my passenger side headlight is not functioning. Brights work though. I am going to inspect the area tomorrow and make sure it had nothing to do with the installation of my Perrin Short Ram, I don't see how it could, but I am going to double check before I bring it in for my oil change and to have the headlight fixed.

Anyone else have this problem?

That's different from my wife's Volvo, on which they replaced ALL bulbs under warranty. But I guess that's where part of the Volvo premium comes in. After all, you're paying for the bulbs one way or the other...

Also, carman... do you still have your DRL's enabled? That might cause them to burn out quicker than normal.

Same here - '05XT with 10K miles and left low beam went out. Noticed it on a trip from NYC to DC, which I was driving late at night. Stopped by the local Alexandria dealer first thing the next morning and the only way they would cover the costs is if they did the work.

I was late for a meeting so I just got the bulb from parts. Standard H7. The Subaru part was $30+USD!!! Luckily for me, this was also a Volvo dealer and the same bulb was $15 from Volvo. Guess which one I bought!

I may still send in the receipt into SOA for reimbursement - no light should burn out in 3 months time. I worry this might be a symptom of something else (or just crap OEM parts).

It was definitely under warranty except their customer service sucks so bad they can't take 15 minutes tops to come out, change the bulb and input it into their system. Instead I would have to wake up at the but crack of dawn, drive my car to the dealership, leave the keys there then take the train to work then take the train back to the dealership after work. All this for a light bulb. They wouldn't even give me one to put in myself. Just bad customer service thats all. They've done this to me before. Ron Price's sales is pretty good but I havent had the best customer service from their service dept.

I believe all wear items are covered for the first year. Sounds like the dealership just doesn't know how to schedule properly.

Ken

If they go out real early when you first buy the GT, you have a chance of getting them replaced, but Subaru see this as a consumable item and unwarrantable.

Adam.

I disagree. Two weeks ago my front right headlight went...they changed it, no questions asked. This past week my left front headlight went...again....they changed it, no questions asked. Head lights are covered under the warantee. I have about 16k on my car, bought in July and they didn't ask questions. You might want to look into them not honoring your warantee...

Espo

Archived