LegacyGT.com

Best Intake for Stage II+ GT ??

Metal2You

Best Tuned Stage II+ Intake  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Best Tuned Stage II+ Intake

^Yeah even stock filter is fine. If you want more noise, 3-5 whp, and harder to tune then get an intake :)

I have no problem tuning with my typhoon. It's very consistent.I can't say how much more it gives me over a stock intake because I also have a FMIC. But with my stock turbo and "so-so open source tune". :lol: (J/K infamous1) I'm getting around 280whp on cali 91. I target at about 18.5 psi and reach it at @ 2800 rpms. So it doesn't hurt my spool.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

^I am just saying it may give some a head ache for an arguable amount of gains especially at vf40 power levels.

I would try one out right before a tune if, It was $100 or less and proven to be easily tuned :)

AVO has been good to us here. I think that has a lot to do with it.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

I have the COBB airbox and SF cone filter... all you have to do is oil it up.

AWESOME sound and a nice kick in power. If you wanted to hear your BOV, the stock is just fine... this airbox really brings it out, even if you have an AT.

Air rush is prominent, BOV is not too loud but not quiet either. Sounds aggressive.

I have the COBB airbox and SF cone filter... all you have to do is oil it up.

AWESOME sound and a nice kick in power. If you wanted to hear your BOV, the stock is just fine... this airbox really brings it out, even if you have an AT.

Air rush is prominent, BOV is not too loud but not quiet either. Sounds aggressive.

I just ordered the Cobb filter and airbox, but didn't come with any oil, what am i supposed to use?

Go to Napa, buy the K&N air filter oil. It's not expensive. Get the small one. It's easy to apply. it's like squeezing lighter fluid on charcoal... just get the squeezebottle.

Should be like 10 bucks.

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=BK&PartNumber=3351515&Description=Air+Filter+Oil+-+K%26N+Filters

Should look like this:

http://partimages2.genpt.com/partimages/683694.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
AEM w/ AVO FMIC :)

Nice foam/rubber bumper around the edge of the heat shield...was thinking about the same thing and will do that if it looks like it will hit at all.

Did you have trouble installing the heat shield (e.g. the bolt that holds the tube to the heatshield sticks out below and hits the frame)? Sounds like most people had to jack up the heatshield by leaving the rubber stock mounts in it.

Just installed my AEM CAI...see my post:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94816

Have a "water shield" coming in the mail just to be safe (it does go pretty low in the fender well), but my numbers showed a marked improvement (you must recalibrate your map of course for your MAF sensor). Wasn't expecting much so quite pleased.

Only other issue is I had to jury-rig some washers under the heat shield to allow space for the bolt that attaches to the CAI tube.

Archived