LegacyGT.com

Coffee Grind Steak

GoRilla

this is worth a shot. It could definietly be good & I've never had it before. I've never even heard of it before
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest heightsgtltd

Haven't tried this before, but I do regularly do a tea rub on steaks.

You need a smoky tea, like lapsang souchang or something similar and it is really great.

Guest JessterCPA
You need a smoky tea, like lapsang souchang or something similar and it is really great.

Lapdance what?

• 5 weeks later...

(recipe thread jack...)

Do you do a dry rub on your meat (no reply from you horny dogs) and then grill? Or do you use the tea to brine or something else? I have heard of smokey teas in cooking, but never tried it. Is the tea strong enough to affect the meat? How is this different than using some smoking chips on the grill?

Haven't tried this before, but I do regularly do a tea rub on steaks.

Guest heightsgtltd

Hey Evo,

I put a very thin layer of olive oil on, and then use a morter and pestle to grind up the tea with salt and a little pepper. IT really infuses flavor into the meat. The key is letting it sit for a while with the dry rub on.

It is a bit different than the smoking chips. I actually find the flavor a little more intense as with any dry rub.

I got to remember to try this!

Hey Evo,

I put a very thin layer of olive oil on, and then use a morter and pestle to grind up the tea with salt and a little pepper. IT really infuses flavor into the meat. The key is letting it sit for a while with the dry rub on.

It is a bit different than the smoking chips. I actually find the flavor a little more intense as with any dry rub.

Guest heightsgtltd

Bump

Recently I used a whole fillet loin to grill and did a wet marinade. Olive oil, really good mustard, fresh garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper.

Let it sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour and it does great things :)

Guest Gitster

Ummmm dont use used coffee grounds :lol:

And dont use a coffee grind, use and espresso grind. Ive done it once, simple olive oil, salt pepper, maybe some chilis for flavor. Came out pretty good, but I would marinate it well.

Archived