LegacyGT.com

Anyone have a trick to remove wheel weight adhesive ?

mikesae

check your local pep boys or whatever auto store that sells cheap accesories. "Goo Gone" is the greatest invention for removing sticky/ adhesive stuff. it comes in a small bottle for a few bucks but a little goes a long way. its what i use to get the double-sided tape of my trunk when debadging.

check your local pep boys or whatever auto store that sells cheap accesories. "Goo Gone" is the greatest invention for removing sticky/ adhesive stuff. it comes in a small bottle for a few bucks but a little goes a long way. its what i use to get the double-sided tape of my trunk when debadging.

:whore:

Removing that gummy foamy strip is a pain!

Heat will soften up the adhesive so you can "roll" off most of the foam with your finger. A heat gun or hair drier is an efficient way, but you can even just position the wheel out in the sun so it heats up.

I've had good success using 3M Adhesive & Wax Remover for left-over adhesive residue.

http://3m.hillas.com/GetThumbNail.aspx?Type=Item&Image=13847&Size=large

"Quickly removes wax, grease, oil and adhesive residue. It will not harm most cured automotive paints and is also suitable for vinyl and glass surfaces."

Ingredients:

SOLVENT NAPHTHA (PETROLEUM), LIGHT ALIPHATIC

XYLENE

ETHYLBENZENE

TOLUENE

BENZENE

+1 for WD 40. You can also use goodl ol' cooking oil. This is one of those cool tricks from chemistry class: the acid and base interaction. The slippery stuff helps remove the sticky stuff - and no paint damage at all! Sometimes it make take a little elbow grease if the sticky stuff is old or really baked on, but I'd rather take the time and effort to keep my paint safe.

Archived