LegacyGT.com

How do you?

just spend some time in it. i dont know where some people are getting the idea that you're driving like a hooligan... i thought it was a valid question. (actually one i asked in one of my first posts)

Because when someone asks questions like wether power oversteer (or any kind of driving involving deliberate loss of traction) is a good corner exit strategy, you know what kind of driving that is. basically driving that has no place on any populated public roads.

get new tires first.

And because its awd if you start to understeer take your foot off the throttle and the awd will set you back on course. That is like in a saftey case if you are slipping.... but if you are tracking it just pedal to the floor

not too bad.

what i find to give flatter is to "set" the car to take the corner.

depends ont he corner really though...example...if you are taking a right do a semi quick to the left then quickly bring it in when needed for entry. for me doing this yields a flatter corner and i really can tell teh tires are doing what it should. i run the 960 a/s and they def do NOT max the suspension.

some corners the gt will start going wide...better stop accelerating at that point otherwise that awd may pull you in a direction you may not want to go...

another time i could feel the front tires "scrubbing" and i held it there. no drama or squeeling but you can feel it.

tires are only gonna do soo much on this car though and i haven't done any suspension mods.

some complain about "body roll" but imo most of the complainers are probably runny sidewalls with the strength of spaghetti.

i'm sure all the pros are gonna chime in and say i have no idea what i am talking about...i'm not saying the stock is perfect...it's not...but it does do what it is supposed to. can take decnt corners at good speed and can drive 100mph with only one had with no drama.

what i would do if i were yo us start out with a great set of tires. not good but great. explore from there and see what you do not like and change it.

fwiw the auto doesnt squat like the manuals...also whe don't loose boost on shifts and we don't let off the gas to shift...what that means is that we don't get that dive/squat at shifts like the manual does. plus i am not sure but i would like to know if some of the cheap asses here bother do do a 4 corner pad upgrade or just the fronts. i have done 100-... stops and it wasn't dramatic at all.

Stock pads suck. I did some 120mph+ pulls against an STI and the brakes were like two pieces of wood rubbing together. (closed course)

never done 120 but braked hard from 100 and have hps on all 4 corners...it was sweeeeet. the pad upgrade does in opposite force what an ap upgrade does. you feel the push of momentum going forward as you brake hard as you would gunning it from a standstill. you can really feel the clamping difference.

effortless braking...i guess all this is another thread though...i brough up the pads cause some will complain about dive on hard braking. those are th eones i wonder if they only did front pad upgrade. theoretically front pad only would prolly lead to more dive than having all 4 done.

tires though. that's number one. get better traction any time and everywhere...more grip for overall braking improvement, some are quieter than stock. tires first man...

Because when someone asks questions like wether power oversteer (or any kind of driving involving deliberate loss of traction) is a good corner exit strategy, you know what kind of driving that is. basically driving that has no place on any populated public roads.

i asked a similar question before. i had track driving in mind. he didnt say it was public roads and stuff. i'm sure if he was driving nuts on the street he'd already konw the answer.

besides, in the event of zombie invasion, it'd be good info to have, no?

car for sale. PM me!

Autox is NOT high-speed. A real, honest-to-goodness track day is where he'll learn. Autox will teach him car control in 2nd gear, and up to 60mph.

A track day will introduce him to the constant and sweeping transitional forces while at speed. IMO, it's a MUCH better learning tool.

:)

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

I definitely do recommend sway bars. Rear alone will be a marked improvement; I went for F/R Cobbs. They really flattened out the corners and pushed overall handling balance more towards neutral. Bisteins & Swifts helped with dive/squat, while improving cornering a little bit, too. Tires are a must, and brakes are a good idea if you plan on either upping the power or doing any trackdays. Nothing to extreme, but at least pads and fluid.

During my trackday, I noticed that you can really feel the rear LSD in long sweepers - just when you think you'll go wide if you go any faster, you give it a bit more gas and the rear rotates the slightest bit and helps you around...good times :) Remember that with AWD you can get on the gas sooner out of corners, so slow-in fast-out is your friend.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Archived