LegacyGT.com

2005 or 2006 LGT?

IMHO MY07 is probably the best MY with fold down seats, catless UP, some still comes with aluminum bits and SI-drive. '08 has more steel parts, including the hood, and taller final gear ratio. '05 5MT unlimited is the lightest so if the utmost performance is what you are after that's the car.

Incorrect. Both 07-08 have taller final ratio (3.90) compared to 05-06 (4.11).

06 has better side impact protection and I believe ditched the problematic oil filter screen for the tubo... go for the 06.

The only change to side impact protection in '06 was that the side airbags were redesigned to deploy differently in order to protect occupants agains hits from SUV's, no structural changes were made...and all models still have the oil screens for the turbo's, '06 and newer no longer have screens before the OCV's.

The only change to side impact protection in '06 was that the side airbags were redesigned to deploy differently in order to protect occupants agains hits from SUV's, no structural changes were made...and all models still have the oil screens for the turbo's, '06 and newer no longer have screens before the OCV's.

It's interesting about the air bags. I think read it but I was unsure about the source. That would mean that swapping seats from 06+ into 05 would give the same improved protection.

On LGT there always been 2 filters, not 4 like on earlier WRX/FXT/STI - I verified this via Subarufast.

BEWARE OF THE BANJO BOLT!!!!! IT WANTS TO CLOG AND KILL YOUR TURBO!! BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!!

but seriously if you do get an 05, use synthetic oil and keep all of your reciepts or your warranty will be null and void! They will use any excuse to avoid paying!

Archived