LegacyGT.com

2005 or 2006 LGT?

Obviously the newer the better, but is there much of a quality difference between the two years? We may get an 05 due to the lower price, but did they have any problems in 05 (being the first year of the new model) that were fixed in 06?

The only thing that would hold me back is the fact that vast majority of blown turbo on this forum are '05's. I don't know the reason and haven't heard anybody offering up a good explanation either, but something to think about.

I have an 07 and love it. The only thing that I like better about the 05's is that they have the black headlight housings. The 07's have chrome.

Black headlight housing > chrome headlight housing on OBP.

05s have been modded since 04 so i would think more problems would logically happen over time. idk. also we do have the oil banjo bolt issue with the filter that can clog and starve the turbo. i dont think 06 and up have that, but it can fixed easily.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

ALL of the 05's were recalled for the fan relay switch, while some of the 06's had this issue resolved before leaving the factory.

Not true - not all '05's were affected. Mine wasn't. I went to 2 different dealers to discuss because I formerly also believed most all '05's were affected. Nope.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

05s have been modded since 04 so i would think more problems would logically happen over time.

That's what I thought originally but as time goes by more '06 turbos should start to fail too. We are going on MY09 and I think I only remember reading about maybe one '06 with blown turbos on the forum so far.

IMHO MY07 is probably the best MY with fold down seats, catless UP, some still comes with aluminum bits and SI-drive. '08 has more steel parts, including the hood, and taller final gear ratio. '05 5MT unlimited is the lightest so if the utmost performance is what you are after that's the car.

Archived