LegacyGT.com

Can't get no Wagon love

bochinam

There is no SPT system for the wagon. They only make it for the sedan. It will fit on the wagon though the muffler tips won't extend all the way out to the edge of the bumper.

There are many cat back systems. COBB, Borla, Greddy, Megan Racing, Stromung, Perrin, XO2.... the list goes on. It all depends on how much you want to spend and how you want it to sound. The SPT system is very well made, probably one of the best. It also comes with a one year warranty from Subaru. Which is not a bad thing.

Good luck!

Has anybody seen how the Prodrive cans fit on the wagon? I can't get over how quiet the stock TBE setup is. I use the LGT wagon for business and occasionally drive around clients so I'm looking for an extremely conservative setup. I'd just like to be able to hear the motor at WOT.

I've got the PD cans on my wagon, the fit is perfect and the sound is subtle at idle, negligible at cruise and you definitely feel/hear it at WOT. Just make sure you put lock washers on your flange bolts as they tend to work loose for some reason. Changed out both in about 15 mins on a lift and that was with hot stock cans coming off so there was a bit of cool-down time in there too. The finishers set back a bit (~1/2-3/4") more than the stock cans, but the look is perfect IMHO.

My goal is to find a good bellmouth catted DP into a 2.5" resonated mid-pipe/Y-pipe 2.25" output that will mate up in the stock location and work with my PD cans. If anyone has a suggestion on this (that's non-Perrin which I won't buy) please let me know. Alternatively, I might just go with the MadDad shorty DWG (See PLTEK's new offering) DP into the stock 3rd cat and keep everthing stock back to the PDs.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I just installed the JIC cans on wagon, its connected to a Cobb DP/mid piping.

I have absolutely no drone and these JDM mufflers are GREAT! Super deep sounding tone, screams at full throttle but low rich rumble everywhere else Sound, looks and construction are all high-end. At first I wanted cans that the tips would sit flush with the bumper but In the end the JIC was the only brand that had all 3 main elements that I was looking for...looks, sound, and performance. The 4 inch tips are recessed at the same place as the stock ones but the JIC cans look GREAT/PERFECT. The recessed cans give a really clean look and flow with the wagon. The pics dont do the cans justice, I'll take some better ones later.

Those do look really clean. Can you post sound clips :)

I've got the PD cans on my wagon, the fit is perfect and the sound is subtle at idle, negligible at cruise and you definitely feel/hear it at WOT. Just make sure you put lock washers on your flange bolts as they tend to work loose for some reason. Changed out both in about 15 mins on a lift and that was with hot stock cans coming off so there was a bit of cool-down time in there too. The finishers set back a bit (~1/2-3/4") more than the stock cans, but the look is perfect IMHO.

My goal is to find a good bellmouth catted DP into a 2.5" resonated mid-pipe/Y-pipe 2.25" output that will mate up in the stock location and work with my PD cans. If anyone has a suggestion on this (that's non-Perrin which I won't buy) please let me know. Alternatively, I might just go with the MadDad shorty DWG (See PLTEK's new offering) DP into the stock 3rd cat and keep everthing stock back to the PDs.

Excellent info! Thank you. Any pictures you could share?

^^ I'll try to shoot some this afternoon while it's on the rack and after I get the struts/springs replaced.

I just installed the JIC cans on wagon, its connected to a Cobb DP/mid piping.

I have absolutely no drone and these JDM mufflers are GREAT! Super deep sounding tone, screams at full throttle but low rich rumble everywhere else Sound, looks and construction are all high-end. At first I wanted cans that the tips would sit flush with the bumper but In the end the JIC was the only brand that had all 3 main elements that I was looking for...looks, sound, and performance. The 4 inch tips are recessed at the same place as the stock ones but the JIC cans look GREAT/PERFECT. The recessed cans give a really clean look and flow with the wagon. The pics dont do the cans justice, I'll take some better ones later.

You'll get alot of carbon build up in the cutouts, why not extend the tips ?

^^ I'll try to shoot some this afternoon while it's on the rack and after I get the struts/springs replaced.

I failed. All I have is shots of it on the dyno - and worse yet - I forgot to turn the mike on - really lame. Sorry.

Looks mighty slammed especially in the rear

It really only dropped about 1/4" - 1/2" in the rear. The front ~1 3/4". This is with 225/45x17s too. I'm putting on Box4Parts' Adjustable Rear Lower Link on Friday to pull the camber back into just a bit of negative (from a lot of negative) territory.

Going to use the WL Roll Center kit up front to try and offset some of that front negative camber. Think my issue ride-wise right now is the stock SB end links, as the car bounces more than I'd like (feels like a Honduh on cut spings would look - I imagine - though probably nowhere near that bad). Will try the AVO shortened ELs this weekend to see if that takes some of the SB preload out and smooths things out a bit. All suggestions are appreciated.

The reason I posted the pics were mostly to show how the PD cans look (and apologize for the shadowy pics). When you expand each one, you can see how things fit up in the back exhaust cutouts.

While I notice it's a bit (just a bit) lower getting into, it doesn't scrape on inclines the way it did with the stock setup. Driving over raised curb driveway entrancers (especially the off-camber ones) always made the rear drag. Now it doesn't drag anywhere. Function of the struts and higher performance springs no doubt.

WRT alignment - I'm running -1.125 Rear/0 Toe and -1.375 LF & 1.5 RF/0 Toe. Car handles very well.

Has anybody seen how the Prodrive cans fit on the wagon? I can't get over how quiet the stock TBE setup is. I use the LGT wagon for business and occasionally drive around clients so I'm looking for an extremely conservative setup. I'd just like to be able to hear the motor at WOT.

I have the Prodrive cans on the stock pipes and cats. Fitment is PERFECT on the wagon, looks great. Sounds great, car has some presence now, but is not rude. Not sure how it will be once I get my stage 2 pipes installed....

Originally Posted by Predator http://www.legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

I have the Prodrives on my stock wagon and really like the tone at idle (nice boxer burble), at launch (starts to growl - but not obtrusively) and at WOT (definitely hear it). At cruise - perfect, just enough on the periphery of your hearing to know they're there but no drone at all. Fit is perfect, without the Subaru Tow Hitch. I've had to fractionally modify my left rear, inboard hanger to keep it from bumping/rattling against the hitch frame. Now that that is fixed (minor 1/8" tweaking to the hanger) it really is perfect.

Finisher are very nice ovals that tuck in nicely and are ~1/2" shorter than the stock finishers. Here's a very poor picture (too dark and sorry for the distance), but you get the idea.

111221648_9-LeftRearQuarter(1024x768).thumb.jpg.1b054113112a5d37a5d33036dc19185a.jpg

669994586_10-LeftRearQuarterOblique(1024x768).thumb.JPG.704718b26ce836b1b6431c1c2995c0f9.JPG

Archived