LegacyGT.com

OS Speed Density

groff

Has anybody done this yet:

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=3400&highlight=speed+density

I would love to run speed density, don't like UTECs and can't afford a Hydra after the 6sp swap and other engine work I've done in the last few weeks :lol:

I am tired of running out of MAF voltage (currently running a 3" blow thru).

So, has anybody converted over to open source speed density and what are your impressions. Or at least is there anybody that can convert my map for me since Freon doesn't have the time, and tinywrex doesn't want to be accused of making a profit off of proprietary info (reasonable I'd say). Thanks in advance for the help/support.

welcome back ?? :icon_conf

anyway car is in a few pieces getting worked on this week, should be back together this weekend

I knew freon was too busy but was hoping someone else here had the skill to convert since he provides everything needed to do it. I just don't have the time to learn how with two jobs and working oj the car. Maybe if it was during the winter and the weather was crappy :lol:

Hopefully littlebluegt or someone can chime in

yup, I hear ya, I'm only able to run about 24psi when I would like to be running 28-30. I'll be making some new piping again to try and get back up to those boost levels early next month. If we could just get one map converted we would more than likely be able to modify other users as well. maybe I just need to take the time to research the how-to from Freon

gt3082 (spool of a 30r with near 40r compressor capability). I ran roughly that last summer when I put down 440. I rebuilt my engine last year and nps after 27k have decided to drop some cams in while I'm putting in the 6sp

i was going to go to the track to put down some numbers, but it was raining the last 5 nights they had racing before i started pulling things outta the car :lol: I'm not sure that people with more HP have run at the track either so I don't really know what the fastest LGT time is. I'm not on the forums as much as before, but I don't think anyone on the forums has broken into the 11s yet :icon_conf right?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i bought a utec :lol:

i didn't hear anything in time and i got a good deal. not 100% satisfied with the tune thus far, but its a work in progress i suppose

Part of the key to a smooth UTEC tune is to have a full tune on the factory ECU and then transfer the values in the transition zones to the UTEC. Then continue tuning the UTEC where the stock ECU leaves off. Do it right and you get great SD fueling and a seamless transition between UTEC and ECU control.

i understand that concept, tho thats not whats on there. once i hook up my wideband to be able to log (hopefully this morn) i should be able to work on the tune some. right now the only thing the utec is running is the fueling. boost and timing are both on the stock ecu.

Archived