LegacyGT.com

I gotta say the lack of (auto) dual climate controls on the standard GT is disappointing, and is making my final car purchasing decision that much more difficult. I was attracted initially to the GT because of its mix of performance and amenities but they seem to be becoming an ever shrinking list. Now I understand why the non-limited GT is priced so well, it really isn't all that much different to a regular WRX, just a little more refined and mature. ..and no, I don't want leather or a moonroof. At the moment I'm 60/40 Legacy or STI, with a slight outside chance of Volvos' S40....ok ok.. so I guess that should be 59/39/2 rather than 60/40..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='P2x']I gotta say the lack of (auto) dual climate controls on the standard GT is disappointing, and is making my final car purchasing decision that much more difficult. I was attracted initially to the GT because of its mix of performance and amenities but they seem to be becoming an ever shrinking list. Now I understand why the non-limited GT is priced so well, it really isn't all that much different to a regular WRX, just a little more refined and mature."[/quote] I agree with what you have to say here. Except that I'd like a moonroof, neutral towards leather, but no power seats.
-ben

[quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='Dr. Zevil'][url]http://www.subaru.com/servlet/drive1?trim=25_GT_LTD_WAGON&model=LEGACY&command=fdb_brochure[/url] answered my own question..[/quote] That's for the 2004 brochure, if you read it closely. I'm sure the 2005 brochure will be available online very soon.[/quote] In my haste, I missed that.. Looks like I have some 2004 Legacy info coming :lol:

[quote name='alear'][quote name='tallguylehigh']Editing, I see that the base GT gets some other climate controls. Has anyone seen these yet? :?:[/quote] You can kind of see the basic climate controls in the pictures on this page, [url]http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2005photos.html[/url][/quote] Wow, saw that, and that made my decision a hell of a lot easier. Limited all the way, those climate controls look kind of cheap and look the same as my girlfriend's RAV4. 2.5GT Limited here I come

Hmm, that Atlantic Blue actually looks sorta nice. :) As per the climate controls, it's neither here nor there for me. I'm not used to luxury, don't want it really, and that's that. I'd damn near still be happy with crank windows. :mrgreen: I'm getting the car for it's mechanicals, not the inside as a whole.

Well in comparison to other people's complaints at least. Guess I'm a bit more simple. Easy from moving to a 97 GT to a new one to say that though. Despite it has many features, a lot of the same content in the new one (with many new things as well), just don't need to be spoiled.

To be honest, I *prefer* those rotary dials. They're very easy to operate. And, I find it fairly easy to put them in a position to get the temperature I want, rather than have it set to auto at a certain temp and then have it go nuts (full fan, full AC, etc) when it's about 5 degrees off or something. I found the auto climate more annoying than anything on the BMW's (and others) that I drove more than anything.

Yea, most climate controls now days are pretty complicated. My friend's Mazda6 uses no less than 5 sensors to decide how to adjust the system. It even takes into account rapid temp changes like when you open a door, it'll know not to go nuts. So I see now that the GT Ltd has the following addons: -Auto Climate Control -Leather -Power seats -Sunroof -Engine immobilizer All that for $2500. For a car in this price range (base GT), I kinda expect the auto climate controls. Another thing I just realized, does the display under the center cubby show outside temp? That might be part of the auto climate control function too (a reqired sensor), so the base model might not even get that. Hey, the bucket seat design is the same between the GT and Ltd execpt for the power and leather right? I wouldn't want the base model if the seats were less supportive.

[quote name='CombatCQB']Looking at all the JDM models, they seem to have a simple single zone auto climate control. I think that should have been on the base GT.[/quote] Thats what I thoguht we were going to get with the base GT, but I guess I was mistaken. Then again, I dont think JDM even gets dual zone, so there are always trade offs.

The climate control is the only thing that's bugging me now. I can live without everything else, but really would like the look of the auto controls. I think the only options now is to either wait and see if they bring over the single zone controls next year or wait to find all the parts to install one myself. Both involves waiting, it's a good thing there are plenty of other projects for the car before that. Maybe I can pull parts from an old Legacy for cheap and just interface it with the new control unit.

Just came back from dealer and got the brochure. Also test drove the 2.5i wagon. I started with a 5MT but the check engine light started blinking once we started it up and they didn't have another one. So I ended up testing an automatic. The car is quiet, and the ride is solid but not too firm. So far so good. The manual climate controls were okay, the feedback of the knobs are kinda chunky. everything looks good so far.

Archived