LegacyGT.com

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm, if the dual zone climate control is reserved for the Limited GT, that package just became a heck of a lot more appealing to me. It explaing the GT's climate controls as 4 rotary dials, in my mind that means no digital readout. Before, with the leather and the sunroof, I could add those if I wanted at my leisure. Now with this dualzone climate system I think I will be a Limited customer.

The auto climate control would have been nice, but with the sunroof being packaged with the leather, I'll say no to the lot. It's too bad, as an automatic climate control system, even without the dual-zone (which I think is silly, but that's me), would have been nifty. This is typical Subaru, though. They bundle a bunch of options, and make it so that you either a) have to move up to the next trim level, or buy all of the options at the same time. They make up for it by offering a very high level of standard equipment on the cars, however. But were such things available a la carte, I would certainly opt for the automatic climate control and leather, without the sunroof. That flap deal bothers me, rather than having it just open up huge like the Forester XT's roof. Did anyone notice that according to the brochure, an alarm setup is standard? Pretty cool. Wonder what the "perimeter protection" is, however, besides something I probably don't need? (Okay, it only SEEMS like I'm whoring...) [b][mod]Not anymore. :D[/mod][/b] I'm also digging the aluminum rear liftgate on the wagon. Wonder if the sedan trunklid is aluminum, or will there be yet another reason us wagon folks can feel superior to sedan folks? :lol: Kevin

The lack of dual zone climate control and lack of stability control are my main problems with the GT Legacy right now. The worst car I drove in the winter was my '99 Camaro SS and I managed. I am sure the Legacy is far superior to that but I am used to the point and drive simplicy of the Audi on snow tires w/ stability control. Somehow I think I will appreciate the extra 80hp on a daily basis as opposed to the stability control kicking in a few times a year. :twisted: Dual zone is nice but the wife and I usually agree on a temp so its not that big of a deal. Hmmm, I guess that leaves me with the difficult choice of picking a color :D

[quote name='SC GT']From the overhead shots, it looks like the front struts have some YELLOW in them. Could it be that we are getting the Bilstein struts?[/quote] Oh yeah...looka that. That could be a pic of a non-U.S. spec car, though. Kevin p.s. Thanks Mr. Mod for consolidating my posts. The excitement got to me! :D

I'm not sure what to think of the STi pedals with the cherry red rubber dots in them. I was hoping it would just be like the WRX pedals, aluminum with holes. But, maybe the rubber dots will help performance driving. I still want a brochure to look at in person. :D

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Way freakin' cool! Thanks for delivering us this info! I will have to have one sent to me somehow!! LIMITED WAGON! ORDERING THIS WEEK :D:D:D[/quote] w00t. Maybe we'll all get our Legacys around the same time and we can have a wisco meet. :D

[quote name='Dr. Zevil'][url]http://www.subaru.com/servlet/drive1?trim=25_GT_LTD_WAGON&model=LEGACY&command=fdb_brochure[/url] answered my own question..[/quote] That's for the 2004 brochure, if you read it closely. I'm sure the 2005 brochure will be available online very soon.

[quote name='tallguylehigh']Editing, I see that the base GT gets some other climate controls. Has anyone seen these yet? :?:[/quote] You can kind of see the basic climate controls in the pictures on this page, [url]http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2005photos.html[/url]

Archived