LegacyGT.com

Invidia Downpipe Rattle...

Shifty93

my dp came with a gasket taped to the inside of the box

Heck yeah - were part of this last group buy? He charged another $12 for the gasket.

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to bring this thread bad from the grave but I'm having a serious rattling issue that I can't find. I found this thread and grinded my invidia downpipe but nothing has changed. I get a cold start rattling, slight throttle rattle and rattle on air passing. Here's a clip, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions that leads to the removal of this annoyance I'll be forever grateful. Here's a link to a video I recorded...

http://youtu.be/GHDylxg6STA

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TOB? Sounds like someone dropped a small open-ended wrench inside the bell-housing/clutch area, and it's bouncing around in there waiting to have an "incident".
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

TOB? Sounds like someone dropped a small open-ended wrench inside the bell-housing/clutch area, and it's bouncing around in there waiting to have an "incident".

I did get my transmission mount bushing installed a week before noticing the rattling.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
I have to bring this thread back again from the dead because it helped me out with a similar issue. I installed a CNT Racing catted downpipe and got this annoying rattling. I thought it was an exhaust leak somewhere at first (and I think I did have one at the downpipe connection based on the carbon pattern when I pulled it off) but the sound pattern was strange. It was loud on startup until the car warmed up, loud when off the throttle and coasting, and completely disappeared when I was on the throttle which made me think of the wastegate. Anyway I pulled the pipe off today and ground it down like in this thread and it solved the problem completely - so far anyway. The CNT pipe had this horribly large protrusion that actually made it difficult to place it onto the turbo. My brother had mentioned that he thought it was the splitter causing that but I thought he was wrong until I tried to put it back on after grinding it today and it slid right back on easily. In the pictures you can see the metal looks damaged on the splitter and there is a shiny mark where the flapper is contacting the pipe before grinding. This was very annoying because nobody else with the CNT pipe seems to have this problem.

IMG_20150926_135106.thumb.jpg.1136f798c0dc611b4521247ec845870f.jpg

IMG_20150926_135149.thumb.jpg.0bbc2e6716230f2b94eaac6e745fecbb.jpg

IMG_20150926_135201.thumb.jpg.534bce61fa5293c3687912372066af13.jpg

IMG_20150926_141657.thumb.jpg.ae39403caa5d68bbeac8d6aeb77554c0.jpg

Archived