LegacyGT.com

Anyone doing there servicing at aftermarket performance shops?

Vsick

Ever since I got my suby i've been taking it to a suby dealer.

While installing my DP last week I noticed folks with modded subarus coming into the shop for typical service type activities like oil changes.

I was wondering if any folks here in the bay are taking there cars to shops other than suby dealers. By other shops I mean shops that specialize in performance and aftermarket like speed element/GST.

I was in the i-club forum and noticed folks were inquiring about 30K servicing at these shops.

Feedback?

I did my 30K at the dealer…might do the next one somewhere else.

i do all my service work at DBtuned for the following reasons

• its allot cheaper
  • its allot faster
  • he uses higher quality parts (many service centers do not use OE parts)
  • he cant void my warranty
  • he can conform to my schedule

its an all around better experience, even when you ignore the fact that paul is 'charming'

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

I get my work done at mygaragetuningandlawncarstoreageUSA.:lol: They do good work, most of the time, but the pricing is much better than paying someone else to do the work for me.
ignore him, he'll go away.

I live in hayward....so short drive to Speed Element and GST.

Might just have to get a couple quotes and see what they charge for the same stuff I get at the dealer done.

You guys have got me convinced to call Paul at DBtuned when I'm ready for my 30k.

haha... i have yet to have my car serviced by him... but from what i know about him, Paul is a great guy... and sports a nice ass crack too...

(if any of u were at GST's first dyno day event... you would know what i'm talking about.) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

You guys have got me convinced to call Paul at DBtuned when I'm ready for my 30k.

make sure to ask for the 'special' service :lol:

haha... i have yet to have my car serviced by him... but from what i know about him, Paul is a great guy... and sports a nice ass crack too...

(if any of u were at GST's first dyno day event... you would know what i'm talking about.) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yah that sounds about right :lol:

I get my work done at mygaragetuningandlawncarstoreageUSA.:lol: They do good work, most of the time, but the pricing is much better than paying someone else to do the work for me.

+1

The local Hyundai/Mazda/Subaru dealership wanted ~$400 to do a 30k on either the LGT or the P5. I did both of them at home. The LGT was a little cheaper than the P5 because it didn't need spark plugs, but I spent less than $170 for parts/fluids to do both of the services myself.

-- Steve

Great . . . just checking the site before turning in for the night. Paul's ass crack better not show up in my dreams -- wet or otherwise.

Paul has been servicing my LGT for over a year now. What stands out most for me is his honesty.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

I've been using LIC in Novato since I got my LGT almost two years ago. They're just what I want in a shop, knowledgeable, honest, and much less $ than dealers.

http://licmotorsports.com

oh noah, his videos are hillarious

I had Paul @ DB do my 30k too.

I'll probably drive down to have him do my 60k as well.

Out of curiousity, is this the same Paul that used to own-run S-Squared in Rancho Cordova? If so, he is a pretty good guy. It used to be where the the WRX owners had work done back in the day.

Yeah, Paul used to work there right before it shut down (and he started DB Tuned), but he never ran or owned the shop.

Also, Paul worked for S-Squared when they were downtown. I don't believe he ever worked at the garage in Rancho.

Archived