LegacyGT.com

Trade in Value of 08 Spec-B

Buy some upgraded parts and have it tuned. That's your solution.

If you are unahppy with that, expect to pay 15-30k more for a car with similar capabilities, more power out of the box and is made in Germany.

S4 is plenty nice. RS4 is perfect. Why not even go all out for the RS6?

If cost is the issue and you don't want to take a loss, transform your car into what you want it to be.

I put down 247whp and i'm perfectly happy. That's me though.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dunno though the new Audi S6 really has caught my eye....

Then again an Audi S4 Avant would be really handy and comes with a stick.... I bet it doesn't require an aftermarket reflash to get it to accelerate smoothly...

it is kind of ridiculous to cross shop a lgt with audi S6 or 4.

The S6 is awesome by the way

The Audi V8's are nice, but they are pigs and suck gas like there is no tomorrow. During testing and under heavy acceleration they were getting single digit mpg's. :spin:

THe S6 is a V10 5.2L. The 4.2L averages around 13-14mpg an you'll be running premium. Honestly, I prefer the S6 to the RS4 mainly cause I find the S4/RS4 shifter notchy. You can also put a bike rack on an S4/RS4 sedan. The S6 is plenty fast even though it is just an auto. If you want an S4 right now is the time to get one since pretty soon we will be starting to train for the new body A4 which a little later include the new S4. I was told the new S4 will be a 4.2L FSI, but rumors are popping up that Audi may have changed their mind and be putting in a new 3.0L supercharged.

Personally my favorite Audi at the moment is the S5, but you want a 4dr.

BTW the US isn't going to see the new RS6 V10 BiTurbo.

Back on topic, I too can't lie and say I'm totally happy with my 08 spec B.

14 mpg on the highway or combined? I used to own a Z06, no way the RS4 or S4's shifter were that notchy LOL.

Maybe next month I'm gonna get around and go check out some cars just to see whats out there.

Oh and the S6 is awesome in my book too. I bet the exhaust sure sounds sweet!

THe S6 is a V10 5.2L. The 4.2L averages around 13-14mpg an you'll be running premium. Honestly, I prefer the S6 to the RS4 mainly cause I find the S4/RS4 shifter notchy. You can also put a bike rack on an S4/RS4 sedan. The S6 is plenty fast even though it is just an auto. If you want an S4 right now is the time to get one since pretty soon we will be starting to train for the new body A4 which a little later include the new S4. I was told the new S4 will be a 4.2L FSI, but rumors are popping up that Audi may have changed their mind and be putting in a new 3.0L supercharged.

Personally my favorite Audi at the moment is the S5, but you want a 4dr.

BTW the US isn't going to see the new RS6 V10 BiTurbo.

Back on topic, I too can't lie and say I'm totally happy with my 08 spec B .

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/03/31/2006-audi-s4-in-the-autoblog-garage-day-5/

One thing that did take a serious hit, naturally, is fuel economy. The S4 exhibits a positively Dionysian thirst both on-track and off. During a mix of admittedly spirited city and highway driving, we struggled mightily to crack the teens. We don't even want to discuss the V8's single-digit thirst at Nelson Ledges, lest Greenpeace televise a protest at the foot of our driveway.

The Legacy isn't a fast car stock. I thought everybody knew that. Take away the AWD launch and it's no quicker than any V6 sedan after that. Ok, but not exciting.

Once you have over 400hp in any car, a cheap car (sub $50k) won't cut it anymore when it comes to performance. You 20g'ed your STi but haven't touched the Legacy? No wonder it sucks in comparison! Subaru's strength is in mod potential, not in how it drives off the showroom floor.

The AWD 3 series is ok but I'm not a fan of the interior. I really don't know what car I would have bought had the LGT not existed. 30k was as much as I wanted to spend, I'm tired of coupes, and nothing else really has any potential without dropping major cash.

I've had some second thoughts about my '08 spec b (paid 32 for it last august). I needed to get rid of my money-pit '01 vr6 jetta so I couldn't wait for the '08 sti. To get the sti with the same options, it would've cost several thousand more, tho.

I don't know much about audi's, so I'll just talk about the sti, fwiw. The only real advantages the sti has over the spec b are 1) 50hp more 2) DCCD. For a grand or two, you can probably add 100hp to your spec b. Unless you're racing in snow or gravel, I doubt there's much difference between the spec b's VC center diff and DCCD.

Personally, I wouldn't consider trading my spec b for an sti unless it had a semi-auto transmission on par with DSG.

edit: I forgot the sti also has a front lsd. I would guess you can install one to replace the front open diff in the spec b.

Howdy all just joined this forum. I am a transplant from nasioc. Member #1067 over there to be exact!! :D

This might not really answer your question but just to give you an idea and a previous poster in your thread inquired. Joined the LGT club yesterday. I picked up my 08 LGT with 3650 miles on it for $23,500.

I was extremely pleased with the deal and know I paid pretty close to wholesale on this. I would image the price on your Spec would be close in your guess and they might give you 24k to 25k. Just my opinion and don't anyone flame me. I am not saying I think the car is only worth that but just guessing what wholesale probably is.

Best bet would be try and find someone with access to Manhiem and/or Black Book to get the real numbers. I was lucky enough to get some info from someone that did and found out the LGT I bought would wholesale somewhere between 22k - 23k.

Not sure if that really helps. On a side note I am extremely pleased and wow'd at the amount of car for the price. :D

I'm in the same boat. '08 Spec B. 10k miles. Like the car, have no complaints, but something just isn't there. Had a protuned Stg 2 Sti before. Want to do coilovers and stg 2 tune o nthe leggy. Currently have MR catback, dp uninstalled, tein springs, BBS RE's. I have been eyeing E39 M5's lately. Anyoen interested in an 08 Spec B 10k, 80k mile transferable warranty, let me know.

I've been thinking about it. Its not particually slow. It doesn't handle all that bad.... Honestly I think the car is just kinda boring... Just doesn't have the excitement in it that the STi does out of the box. You get in a STi on a curvy road and its screaming "FLOG ME". Insert S&M reference here. Do the same in a Leggy and its like "Yep another corner, are we done yet?" - you know the girl you just lays there turning her head side to side while moaning.

I've been thinking about it. Its not particually slow. It doesn't handle all that bad.... Honestly I think the car is just kinda boring... Just doesn't have the excitement in it that the STi does out of the box. You get in a STi on a curvy road and its screaming "FLOG ME". Insert S&M reference here. Do the same in a Leggy and its like "Yep another corner, are we done yet?" - you know the girl you just lays there turning her head side to side while moaning.

Did you actually test drive the Spec B before you bought it?? Comparing the Spec B to an STi is ridiculous. Two almost completly different cars,other then being Subarus.

The STi has always been more raw,suspension wise,power wise and rallye

inspired.Much like the Z06 you said you had,it's GM's powerhouse.Raw power and handling.

I think your just suffering from extreme buyers remorse fr buying a car you didn't test drive enough and obviously over estimated.

BTW,I had an 04 STi,stg 2,well modified,suspension and engine wise.So I do know the difference between the two.;)

I did test drive it. Its not over-estimated. I know exactly how fast it was and what it could do. But how well can you really get to know a car on a test drive?

You just don't get it do you? Your comparing numbers. My Leggy doesn't have a numerical issue.

When I had my STi I also had an older Honda Accord to drive when the STi was getting worked on. It was a BLAST in the hills. Why you ask? It had something the Leggy has none of Character. It wasn't fast, it didn't handle that well, but be damn if it wasn't a hoot to drive fast. You could dive into a corner to fast then lift and it would put a smile on my face - and thats what its all about isn't it???

I did test drive it. Its not over-estimated. I know exactly how fast it was and what it could do. But how well can you really get to know a car on a test drive?

You just don't get it do you? Your comparing numbers. My Leggy doesn't have a numerical issue.

When I had my STi I also had an older Honda Accord to drive when the STi was getting worked on. It was a BLAST in the hills. Why you ask? It had something the Leggy has none of Character. It wasn't fast, it didn't handle that well, but be damn if it wasn't a hoot to drive fast. You could dive into a corner to fast then lift and it would put a smile on my face - and thats what its all about isn't it???

Tough one to understand. My Spec B makes me considerably happier than any of the accords/preludes I've owned. :)

Look at it this way. Its like the guys with an old 911. It may not keep up with much and they sure have wanky handleing but they have Character and their a hoot to drive.

Or the corvette guys who always make fun of Ferrari owners because their cars are slower. Who cares? When the sound of the Ferrari V8 going down the straight gives you wood you know you've found auto gold. Can't quite explain that to someone with numbers.

I never mentioned any numbers,what the heck are you talking about:spin:

Seems to me you want your spec B to be something it's not.

Everything in your post has to do with data. If I wanted something that puts up better numbers I'd buy it. I want something that excites me. Kinda like that supermodel that you think is just meh. The other guy own the street would sell his soul for a night with her. She probably has a "perfect" figure (numbers).

But like I say you just don't get it. Meh whatever makes you happy though. If thats the Leggy then go be happy!

So you're still on stock springs, and you wonder why you're bored with it? Get JDM STi springs and a stiffer rear sway bar and that will take care of the handling for very little investment. The rotting springs they give us in the US are utter crap, more fit for an octogenarian's Grand Marquis than a sport sedan.

Oh, and go back to the dealer and force them to track down and kill those rattles. There's no reason for them. It's not shoddy build quality.

I've helped some friends track down their rattles, and 90% of the time it's not the car, it's something they've done to it. Coins that have slipped through the cracks, sunglasses that some passenger left behind in the door compartment, and my own favorite (from my own car) legos inside the LATCH system recess, which we never used!

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

But like I say you just don't get it. Meh whatever makes you happy though. If thats the Leggy then go be happy!

I'm perfectly happy with my GT,upgraded springs,sway bars,stg 2 etc.

Your the one who is fairly new here and taken 5 pages to complain about your specB for various reasons.

Alot of people here have made various suggestions to you for spicing up your spec B and you just don't seem to be listening.:spin:

You come on to a Legacy forum and almost from the start complaining and comparing it to cars that are not in the same class or league.

What the heck did you expect?

and BTW I do "get it".And my advice to you would be to sell/trade the car and go buy your Ferrari.

Well honestly old geezer I expected someone to help me find the trade in value of a 08 Spec-B. You're the ones who came in there wanting me to "see the light".

LOL @ you and your minions who think they can sway me to the dark side. HAHAHA I'm am stong with the force!

$27k sounds about right for trade in. Dealers have trouble selling them new. I have one to sell for $30990 right now that is brand new and dealers usually want to have a cost $4k-5k back of what they can sell one for new if it is the same model year. That lets them try to sell it for $28900-29900.

I didnt read the thread and $27k was the number that I first thought before opening the thread up.

It is going to also depend on where you trade it. If you go to a subie dealership, it will depend on if they do well with them new. If you do to a non subie dealership, they are going to do one of 3 things:

1. hit you really low because they dont know what it is

2. give you a lot more than they should because they dont really know the market for one

3. call a subie dealer or wholesaler to find out what they will give (then it goes back to the market on that car and the relationship that dealer has with the person(s) they call).

There's you answer Obi-Wan,,back two pages ago from a dealer who knows his stuff.May the Farce continue to be with you.:rolleyes:

Archived