LegacyGT.com

Trade in Value of 08 Spec-B

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

335ix or 535ix + flash from dinan or vishnu.

both are awd sedans wont rattle and fastaplenty.

id do that if i was rolling in money like u .

...or i'd save me some money and just drop a few grand on the spec B and make it f4ster than an srt-4

LOL I'm not rolling in money but I love cars and I save my money to buy the toys I want. But the 535ix has caught my eye. Plus its available in a wagon!

Excellent, you've saved money, but you can't find a more worthwhile expenditure of your hard earned money on an asset that may at least appreciate in value and increase your wealth, which you can then turn around and use part of its appreciation as your toy fund. :confused:

I keed I keeed

Excellent, you've saved money, but you can't find a more worthwhile expenditure of your hard earned money on an asset that may at least appreciate in value and increase your wealth, which you can then turn around and use part of its appreciation as your toy fund. :confused:

Hummm... Lets see..

I own my own business.

I have no debt period other than a auto loan.

I would buy a house but my rent is sooooo cheap its not justifiable to buy a place right now. I'm watching the place for a friend who moved in with his gf. But I have money saved for a downpayment and am continuning to save more.

What else you want me to do to make you feel that you kuckleheads no longer feel the need to tell me how to spend my money?

Hummm... Lets see..

I own my own business.

I have no debt period other than a auto loan.

I would buy a house but my rent is sooooo cheap its not justifiable to buy a place right now. I'm watching the place for a friend who moved in with his gf. But I have money saved for a downpayment and am continuning to save more.

What else you want me to do to make you feel that you kuckleheads no longer feel the need to tell me how to spend my money?

You should spend your money as you please, you earned it. I have made plenty of dumb decissions with spending money on cars and later regretting it, but that is how it goes with cars.

It is very hard for me to be satisfied with a car for more than a couple months. However, I don't regret buying my 08 LGT, I can't think of a better car for the money and the performance, that is AWD (this is the kicker, if you don't need AWD, there are plenty of other options)

:lol: You tell 'em.

I think that if you were happy with an STI with a 20G, then you should use that as a benchmark for your Legacy. You can go with a 20G, AVO 380 or 420, GT30, etc... and have a car that should satisfy, I would think. HTH.

Yea you have a point. And I'm really not motivated to buy another car. While I really don't mind throwing money away on another car I really don't want to... I did have to work for it.

Maybe I should just buck up and spend some cheeze on the Leggy and try to fall in love with it all over again.

...kuckleheads...

LOL'd at "knuckleheads." I don't say that nearly often enough! I gotta add that to my vocabulary!

Do what you like. Have a neckbone. That Audi is HAWT but out of my league so I modd my LGT you know. Don't mean I gotta hate on you though!

Mod your car tastefully. FMIC, nice drop, JDM bumpers (not sure what the story is with that possibility)... spend less $$ than trading in and buying an expensive car.

Then you won't have regrets on buying the Spec, you won't lose $$ in trade-in, and you'll have the WOW factor of knowing that you are part of a handful of people who have a modded 08 Legacy.

And you'll be the envy of the Subaru community if you have a "JDM" show/go Leggy.

That's what I would do in your situation. GL man, I know this must be breaking your head.

This thread is 4 pages long and really didn't answer his question. I too am in the same boat with him in regards to the Spec B performance and happiness this car does not bring me. I only have half the mileage he does. You are all really thinking that $27K is the most for these cars?

$27k sounds about right for trade in. Dealers have trouble selling them new. I have one to sell for $30990 right now that is brand new and dealers usually want to have a cost $4k-5k back of what they can sell one for new if it is the same model year. That lets them try to sell it for $28900-29900.

I didnt read the thread and $27k was the number that I first thought before opening the thread up.

It is going to also depend on where you trade it. If you go to a subie dealership, it will depend on if they do well with them new. If you do to a non subie dealership, they are going to do one of 3 things:

1. hit you really low because they dont know what it is

2. give you a lot more than they should because they dont really know the market for one

3. call a subie dealer or wholesaler to find out what they will give (then it goes back to the market on that car and the relationship that dealer has with the person(s) they call).

This thread is 4 pages long and really didn't answer his question. I too am in the same boat with him in regards to the Spec B performance and happiness this car does not bring me. I only have half the mileage he does. You are all really thinking that $27K is the most for these cars?

If someone walked up to me today and offered me 27k they would be driving it home. I'm gathering that its probably closer to 25-26k.

Archived