LegacyGT.com

Poll: What did you order?

Guest *Jedimaster*

Did you order the Limited?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Did you order the Limited?

• Yup- all the goodies, please
    • Nope- I want my turbo as light as possible!

Guest *Jedimaster*
So which car did you order? Legacy 2.5i or GT? Wagon? Linited or not? I went with Legacy 2.5 GT wagon, not the limited because although the sunroof would be nice, I didn't want the leather.

I'm with Franz, even though I only have 1 semester left, at this school anyhow, the std GT Wagon is the most plausable solution despite being my pic in any case. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) is the way to go!

GT Ltd. Wagon with the works. Well OK, maybe not everything. Definitely wanted that huge moonroof so limited it had to be. I'll also probably add rubber floor mats, cargo nets in the rear and the additional sub/amp. Wish they'd hurry up and deliver! :wink: :lol: -Ian

• 3 weeks later...
After having had the Rex wagon I just do not look at sedans anymore! So it is a wagon, was meant to get a GT but my dealer for whom I have sold at least 6 cars in the past, offered me a GT LTD RB 5EAT(wife has me by the short and curlys for that one) so its off to the plush land of comfort creatures! At least I will be able to put my GC-06Ds on the car! But yes the days of the little speed racers are over for now. Age is catching up to me. :roll:

I ordered: LTD Wagon 5MT STi pedals STi shifter and some other non-notables. i can't wait to get it! I don't care so much about the weight because I think it's going to be fine for my daily driving. If I was going to autocross then I would get the regular GT.. the moonroof was a HUGE factor.

I'm with Ian -- I ordered a GT Ltd wagon with a few options (security perimeter, mirror, subwoofer, cargo mats and net). I'm going for creature comforts this time around. I kind of like the all-or-nothing approach. The base GT sedan with 5MT also looks very nice. I might consider that in a few years time. Ken

It's too bad STi Springs and Links aren't offered off the bat. I'd probably jump for those if they were, even for a grand (links are the more expensive part.) I'll be AutoXing anyhow. I can't wait to burn rubber!

I'll definately be auto-xing although I probably wouldn't get the facotry optinal equipment. It just wouldn't likely meet my bang for the buck ratio requirements, although the fact that those mods would be warrented is appealing.

And talking to several owners inclufing GTGuy, the factory stuff really has a great balance between street and track with a very good track aptitude. It just works. That's why that is the likely direction for me to go. I know numerous people with STi gear and they love it to death, even for the little bit of extra cost.

I am aware of that, ala the WRX crowd. STi parts are all but coveted for their quality fitment and quality craftsmanship. I just like to keep my options open. I don't mind spending a bit more for a sure thing, but I don't want to if I don't have to. :D

As in the STi's case. STi pink springs are great, but Tanabe Sustec GF210 srpings have very simiar spring rates (better IMO) and are almost 1/2 the price of STi pinks. Only difference is that the Tanabe springs lower the vehicle a bit more (which could be an positive or negative thing depending on who you ask). My point is there is alternatives, and I will always try my best to find them because I am a cheap (read: poor) bastard.

There's a guy over on NASIOC who is complaining about getting lots of bouncing from his Tanabe Sustec springs for the STi. You do indeed get what you pay for...be careful out there. There's a reason that Prodrive and/or STi stuff is as spendy as it is. Engineering. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']There's a guy over on NASIOC who is complaining about getting lots of bouncing from his Tanabe Sustec springs for the STi. You do indeed get what you pay for...be careful out there. There's a reason that Prodrive and/or STi stuff is as spendy as it is. Engineering. Kevin[/quote] Link?

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='gtguy']There's a guy over on NASIOC who is complaining about getting lots of bouncing from his Tanabe Sustec springs for the STi. You do indeed get what you pay for...be careful out there. There's a reason that Prodrive and/or STi stuff is as spendy as it is. Engineering. Kevin[/quote] Link?[/quote] [url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=4460458719c827e996b258d09ca7bca3&threadid=570665[/url] Kevin

All we know is that the car wasn't bouncing before the Tanabe springs, but now it is. The process of elimination is swift and final, IMHO. What causes bouncing from a suspension is simply some fundamental operating parameter of the struts being taken out of whack. The STi struts/springs are designed to work as a unit. Customarily, when manufacturers make a lowering spring "specifically" for a car, they make it with something approaching the same spring rate, and a particular lowering (for cosmetics, usually) distance. But when STi and Prodrive work on a spring, they run the spring on the car, figure out how much the car can be lowered, and release that spring. This is why none of the STi springs lower the car very much. Subaru's don't like it. Ditto for the Prodrives. I'd bet any money that if the guy put his stock STi springs back on the car, the bouncing would stop. Kevin

Archived