LegacyGT.com

An abbreviated install log of my own car :)

16psibrick

my grilles, regardless of the design, always features HD grille mesh on top, 16-18guage perforated mesh from mcmaster...its plenty strong...but to be honest, stock grilles that come wtih speakres, are usually strong enough to hold out, unless someone really stomps on them on purpose :)

Well, women are crazy ... and they wear heels :eek:

The focal grilles really are pretty weak. Thanks for the info!

Absolutely amazing man! You are insane. :lol: There's no way I'd keep my sanity going through all that. Looks great! Really like the look of the new head unit in there too. Most don't look all that great in that location, but yours looks fantastic.

And even though I think this is an AMAZING job, I do have to say that I think the kick panels look awful. Hate to say it, and please don't think I'm hating on your install, but they just take up waaaaaaay too much room for my tastes.

Anyway, good job man!

hehe no offsense taken, my kicks as i stated, was built to be as large as possible purely for SQ reasons :) i have been driving around with kciskf ro 10 years, so its secnd nature to me :)

the bigger kicks i build, usually the better low freq extension si get out of them hehe

• 4 years later...

out of curiosity, i wanted to bring this thread back up...

wondering if anyone would be interested in buying the entire install for a very low price. all still works fine, everything is included, except maybe the headunit, but i doubt anyone wants a headunit like that anyway :)

reason i am looking to sell is that since this build was done, i have changed up some of the lines that i carry and i feel hindered that i dont have these new lines represented in my car.

to give an idea, i have given estimates of around 12000 for parts and labor on duplicating this build :) you would get everything, kicks you dont need to keep, you can just put the speakers in the doors... the whole install can be duplicated in another wagon if you have a decent installer that can simply follow my thread and put it back together. :) u'd also get all the cabling with the techflex wrapping and labels...literally everything :)

anyway, i was thinking if someone wants it, i'd be willing to part wtih the whole thing for around 3500 only :) all in perfect working condition and everything in the trunk in perfect cosmetic condition.

just wondering thats all, i havent decided anything yet.

Ahh, I must've subscribed to this a long time ago, would've probably replied then but didn't want to bump it :D

Awesome install and killer gear! $3500 is a STEAL if someone were to pick this up. If you wind up parting it out, I may be interested in the enclosure/rack, but I'd guess shipping to ND would be ugly. I haven't had a system for a number of years/cars now, but back in the day I built a system for USACi SQ.

Anyway, GLWS if you decide that's what you want to do.

truth to be told i am kinda contemplating selling the car. more and more i realize that a truck will be better suited as a work vehicle...though i really dont want to but...well we will see...

if you take the rack, then that means you take the sub amp and procssor, as it will only fit those particular pieces of gear :) at that point, might as well take the speakers and A pillar...kicks i dont care much.

b

• 3 years later...

Archived