LegacyGT.com

KICK OFF SUMMER with INSTALLS meet

Billy Dagwood

Hello

I would like to put my stock airbox back on. I also have a new front grill to install and would like to clear my head lights.

I have no tools and really no mechanical ability. I can bring steaks, soda, and whatever.

Would anyone be able to help me? Id like to learn. Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I feel like a jerk for doing this, but I have family commitments and can't make it this weekend. I can't fairly ask you guys to bump to the 26th/27th date if you're all set for this weekend, but if anyone's willing.....

sorry again :(

I did not receive any PM's for this weekend so lets shoot for July 26 or 27th.

Owentt - your stuff is easy to do, happy to help.

My list just got longer:

Springs

IPT VB

Crucial/Grimmspeed header/xpipe

I did not receive any PM's for this weekend so lets shoot for July 26 or 27th.

Owentt - your stuff is easy to do, happy to help.

My list just got longer:

Springs

IPT VB

Crucial/Grimmspeed header/xpipe

Sounds good to me. I'll be around 26 or 27th. Looking forward to it.

Hey guys,

I have a few mods that I need to get done. I am somewhat of a noob without any tools and much expertise but would be willing to bring some food/brews or whatever you guys want/need. I would love to learn how to do the installs.

Mods:

F/R Sway bars

Rear Endlinks

Clearing out Headlights & Disabling drls

OEM Fog Lights & brake pads(might have these done by then)

Springs (possibly if finances dictate)

I know this is alot of stuff, but help doing any of them would be much appreciated. If this is cool, hit me up with a PM with address and details or as we get closer to the weekend of the 26th I'll send a PM.

Take it easy,

Adam

I can help out with a lot of those things since I've done them before (headlights, drls, brakes, etc).

Is anyone familiar with installing a coolingmist alky injection system? I ordered a system today and it should be in my next weekend, but I've never installed one before.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Is anyone familiar with installing a coolingmist alky injection system? I ordered a system today and it should be in my next weekend, but I've never installed one before.

I don't have experience but would like to help if you feel up to it...can't be that hard w/ instructions. The hardest part of any install is rusty/uncooperative bolts which we're more likely to see w/ suspension work.

One thing we can't do is use the oven for headlights...sorry, wife will bug out at too much foot traffic in and out of the house. I gotta play cool w/ the wifey. :)

Thanks for the help atc. Two brains are better than one :)

Does anyone have a heatgun? It would make the headlight clearing much easier. I have some black silicon left over from my headlight clearing so I will bring some of that.

BTW what is the address, date, and time?

INSTALLING:

Gian: alcohol injection system

BRINGING:

Gian: Veggies/Beans/Chips if Rick brings burgers?

heat gun and a razon blade to cut the soft goop, works fine

Oven works way better but owning a house i know what she means....

ill help any way anyone need it plus im sure the alky is not that bad to install most things like that have pretty straight forward directions.....

I'm definitely going. I'll bring burgers, hot dogs, and buns. Are there any tools available? Does anyone have a good drill and tap to install a nozzle in my plastic TMIC?

I'm definitely going. I'll bring burgers, hot dogs, and buns. Are there any tools available? Does anyone have a good drill and tap to install a nozzle in my plastic TMIC?

I have numerous drills and a tap for the nozzle. There is a sears and an advanced auto not too far from my place if we need anything throughout the day.

I have just about any/every tool we'll need.

If anyone has a set of bright work lights, that would be great...my garage is kind of dark near the toolbox area and would be really helpful if we could light that area up.

PM ME FOR MY ADDRESS!

Let's start at 9am on Saturday and go til whenever...I have plenty of beer to drink, but please be responsible and don't drink and drive. You're welcome to hang out and just chill out.

We could also use:

Drinks

Ice

Paper Plates

Napkins/Paper Towels

Anyone doing an oil change is welcome to do so as I can drop off the used oil at the dump in our town. It would be great if you could bring an empty container/jug to put your used oil in.

I have a good air compressor and a good impact gun for suspension work. I also have a decent size breaker bar as well.

My driveway can accomodate four cars at a time being worked on (1 of those being mine) and have room on the street for additional cars. I'm going to keep the garage car free for easy access to tools, etc..

Look forward to seeing you guys Saturday.

CapeStylz won't those gauges hurt if the side curtain airbags deploy?

ill let ya know when it happens but im not worried the side curtan bag does NOT break the a pillar in a way that would even damage the guages

i have looked at crash test videos on youtube and what not there is a thread about it somewhere also

Archived