LegacyGT.com

Light Rims That Are Light On The Pocket

frkkevin

Used Enkei RPF-1 or SSR Comps.

What are some other options out there that are under 18lbs and have more style than the Comps and aren't too expensive (under $200 each)?

Is there a decent breakdown of Rota wheel weights somewhere? I like the Rota Formula Mesh but from what I understand they are heavy. Wish they came in a 17".

What are some other options out there that are under 18lbs and have more style than the Comps and aren't too expensive (under $200 each)?

Is there a decent breakdown of Rota wheel weights somewhere? I like the Rota Formula Mesh but from what I understand they are heavy. Wish they came in a 17".

I use this for a quick reference: http://wheelweights.net/

• 3 weeks later...

The bbs would be great if they were a wider wheel.

I sold my bbs in favor of rpf1s.

Get the enkeis if you're worried about weight.

They about 200 a wheel.

So cheap rota won't copy them :)

car for sale. PM me!

• 3 months later...
yes, they are heavy and too narrow. LGT is 17x7" (20lbs) and Spec B is 18x7"(22-23lbs).

I've finally been able to get some reasonably accurate measurements of the 08 spec b wheels and come up with 28-29lbs. :(

rota DTP 18x8.5 are around 18.5lbs I think... I think that the 18x9.5 are around 21lbs or so. Not terrible and under a 1k for a set. Also add in some nice rubber your are right at your budget. Also, Other rotas are in the similar Price/weight ratio.

Used is the best route with a limited budget, but many rota wheels will shed some lbs over your current setup, are available in your color criteria, and are within your budget.

Subydude runs a nasioc shipped price of 750 for 18's generally - sometimes lower if it's a wheel they've test fit.

To the OP: I just spent the last 3 months doing research and trying to decide on a set of wheels. My criteria were similiar.

I finally went with the Rota DPT's in 18x8.5 w/a +48 offset. They weigh 20Lbs per wheel, were $900 shipped to my door w/ center caps and they clear my Brembos. They will be here Thursday....:lol:

Thanks Dan, @ www.wheeldude.com.

Archived