LegacyGT.com

Subaru of VA Facebook group

Pawlwawl06

Really? You were so close. I live about 3 minutes from the Clarion hotel. :)

:lol: Would have been nice to see your car.

I had classes at Fort Monroe the first week and at the conference center at the hotel the second.

Nice area to visit. I think I will be back in Late Sept early Oct again for more training.

:lol: Would have been nice to see your car.

I had classes at Fort Monroe the first week and at the conference center at the hotel the second.

Nice area to visit. I think I will be back in Late Sept early Oct again for more training.

Aw....I'm going to the desert in September. My car will still be here though :lol:

Aw....I'm going to the desert in September. My car will still be here though :lol:

Damn, you might end up missing our Subaru show.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

^^must be an age thing. facebook, myspace, WTF?? isn't a forum with threads broken down by regions enough:confused::confused:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

^^must be an age thing. facebook, myspace, WTF?? isn't a forum with threads broken down by regions enough:confused::confused:

Has nothing to do with age....it has everything to do with what you use it for. I, being military, use it to keep in touch with all of my friends and family back home and try to find old friends. Much more convenient than e-mail. Plus you can keep your profile private so no one but the people that know you can see it. The problem is the little teeny boppers that use it for other inappropriate things.

^^ok. I can see that.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

yeah, what does that prove? whose dissing facebook? I said nothing negative about either. Simply stated I felt it was an age thing. And, as Subiechik proved teenie boppers tend to plug up the sites with their inappropriate crap.

Also, my understanding is that facebook is the adult version of myspace.

There is a Subaru Legacy group on facebook with, i believe, over 900 people, so yea in your face.

Also, my understanding is that facebook is the adult version of myspace.

Facebook certainly seems more mature, but it isn't the adult version of anything... Maybe the college and post-college version of myspace. They're both pretty childish, they just appeal to slightly different demographics within similar age groups. I'm members of both, Pawlwawl, and wasn't dissing, just sayin'...

Facebook was a stolen concept from within Harvard. A good friend was dating one of the brothers who initially came up with the idea at the time, so I've been following this since like 03-04. It started with a few universities, expanded to many others, then most others, then came high schools and now it's open to the global public. The newest spin is Fbook now allows for ways of creating "social marketing" gimmicks, which can be "Social Ads" created by users. Myspace had a different penetration strategy, viral grassroots. It was similar to Friendster with more page customization, open to the public immediately, and had a head start through early adopters and word of mouth. Myspace has/HAD a niche in the military and teeny-tweenies, but has otherwise fallen off due to viruses and spam. It's like the MTV of social networking and if Facebook isn't careful with the privacy settings and plans for a more broad reaching "web browsing profile" then it could be on the same track. The whole thing would make a great product lifecycle case study for B-Schools.

The "adult version" of the two, if you're looking for it, would be LinkedIn. This is a great version of the two where folks make "connections" but it's centered more on a business/professional sense, and it's littered with recruiters. more of a job/career focus and much less of the "social networking" - which to me is a joke of an excuse for serial friendships and promotes the stalker in everyone.

Just my two cents. Anything more must be discussed over dranks. :lol:

Facebook certainly seems more mature, but it isn't the adult version of anything... Maybe the college and post-college version of myspace. They're both pretty childish, they just appeal to slightly different demographics within similar age groups. I'm members of both, Pawlwawl, and wasn't dissing, just sayin'...

Agreed;) that's how I meant to say it. You just said it better:cool:

I personally think Facebook sucks. Too many retarded applications and I hate getting requests to add shit to my profile ALL the time. Myspace has been a great tool for me to keep up with friends even from highschool. Although I do hate the ads on your homepage. Kind of annoying.

Thanks for the very technical response. I just wanted to create a group on Facebook for Subaru people, that is all. I mentioned nothing about applications/advertisements/demographics, etc. You all act like I am just cluttering up this forum with an unnecessary topic. I do not see why this topic should be automatically flamed. Am I breaking forum laws or something? Should I be prosecuted?

^^free speech Pawlwawl06. never made an attack on you. I just stated my own opinion and questioned the purpose of myspace and facebook.

more power to you and good luck for trying to create a group.

me personally, I'll stay here:lol:

Not to further any debate. But I have to agree with C-lo. I just dont get these social sites and I technically fall in their age demographic. Seems a bit ridiculous to me. So I'll have a list of 75 "friends", who I dont talk to in real life and even going back to the time when I would have had an opportunity to associate with them (say in High School), I didnt regularly communicate with that person. Now all of a sudden they are part of my ever expanding list of "friends". I dont have an account, but my wife does; she can do what she wants, but I just don't understand it.

Archived