LegacyGT.com

Complete Review of Mr_Luv HID Retro's w/ pics!

Detslider

Tommy- I don't thrive on confrontation but I don't shy away from it either. Especially when I feel like I'm getting taken advantage of.

When I read your post I don't see you defending your product in any way other than stating that others were happy with your work. These are hand built and each one is different, it's not so hard to believe that one out of a dozen could have problems.

Before you leave this thread please answer a few questions:

1. What part do you believe it is that failed as a result of moisture exposure?

2. You say "I do not know what he did to his lights in the interim to render them unworkable", give me an example of a situation where you deliver the lights and the customer files a complaint your able to confirm the manner in which the customer handles the lights. Or is this just a blanket statement that gives you deniability?

Mr. Luv is a good guy, does business as fair and as far as his abilities go. Just understand the risks of doing general business, that's al there is to it.

While this is a very indepth explanation of one case, it can be documented to others as just plain information as for what it's worth. Everyone still has a choice to make.

Keefe

Man I deffinetly didn't expect you to be the one feeding this. What is your motive?

There are plenty of people on several forums who have had great experiences with me, including you. See one of those iTrader ratings I have came from you. I was in your home, you even invited me to hang out for a while, gave me your business card. In your own words I'm a "super nice guy."

Did I try to screw you over? Why do you suddenly feel compelled to try and discredit my complaint?

Of course you were a nice guy towards me, I cut you a hell of a deal on stereo equipment. Anyone in the right mind would have acted civil.

Regardless of my previous experiences with you, I don't agree at all with what you have done here. First of all, Tommy is a good guy, AND I know the whole story. Your expectations for him to drive all the way out to Lorton, VA were unreasonable. Not only are you attempting to tarnish a vendor's reputation, you are tarnishing your own by exploiting the situation just because you chose not to ship the headlights back for him to repair.

Not to mention you put it in your signature? Come on man, thats just childish and inappropriate.

1. What part do you believe it is that failed as a result of moisture exposure?

2. You say "I do not know what he did to his lights in the interim to render them unworkable", give me an example of a situation where you deliver the lights and the customer files a complaint your able to confirm the manner in which the customer handles the lights. Or is this just a blanket statement that gives you deniability?

First of all, Tommy is a one man vendor. You can't expect him to drive hours out of his way (in DC traffic no less) to come pick them up. Vendors aren't in a position to do that.

You had the choice to ship the headlights back to Tommy for him to repair. Why you never did? :iam:

I paid the price you advertised, but it wasn't any better of a deal because you knew me. Sure, when I met you to buy the stereo equipment I acted civil, which is to say I was myself; courteous, friendly and respectfull. You gave me no reason to do different.

I began this transaction with Tommy on the same note.

I did not EXPECT Tommy to drive to Lorton, he OFFERED. And he offered before he sent me a bill which did not show any shippng charges. Your right, his house and mine are not close together and with todays fuel prices and DC traffic it's not an easy trip.

This is why I was happy to hear him offer to deliver them and so frustrated that he did not keep his promise and in fact expected me to pick them up, return them and then return them again on my own dime. It adds up and by the third time I wanted to see him bear the expense. I have already driven over 120 miles out of my way and invested several hours into trying to resolve this. Is it so unreasonable to ask him to do the same?

I did on several occasions offer to meet him, to include a location that was 15 miles away and would have only required a detour of less than 5 miles for him, but that wasn't convenient and extended his commute home so it never happened.

:munch:

The problems he is having with the lights are not something that happens without a screw up. And I don't know why anybody would pay a vendor a grand to make custom lights, and then go poking around in the lights (and subsequently mess something up) himself.

Guys - I definitely agree with Xenonk on this one. You've provided your review(s) and thoughts on what worked well and what didn't. There is no utility in dragging this onward and downward (as that's the trend I'm observing with each succeeding post).

To Detslider and Dr. Luv - The two of you can reach an accomodation. Before anything else is posted, get your heads into this, get the emotion out of it, and work through it. Be realistic and don't expect that one side or the other has to "give in" to fix this. Both of you bend some, and figure it out. The whole community will appreciate this.

And just so it's clear - please don't respond to this post with more of the same - get off-line, figure out what's needed and get it done.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

...this is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

As a customer and friend of mr_luv I only have words of praise to offer. His dedication, workmanship and customer service is outstanding...like xenonk is my local guru/grand master of suspension/brakes...I consider mr_luv to be my local guru/grand master of lights-retroing hids & leds!

As a businessman I totally understand this type of scenario and unfortunately it happens when your in this type of field. As a business, we have to redo our work FREE of charge...as a customer, he or she must give us back the unit. Both sides have to sacrifice in order to be fair.

As a result of this situation I am sad to say that mr_luv might stop retroing lights and that fills my heart remorse. If it was my choice I would have detslider bring his vehicle in one last time and mr_luv would service your lights right for the last time. But thats just me...whatever you guys decide on, I hope it can end in a mutual decision.

It's a sad sad day...

CRAZY KEN

I would normly not say anything, but I feel compelled to. I had been in retail for a wile in my past, but thank god I am no longer. When I was, just about everyone in the tech industry provided either advansed swaps or return shipping for free. But as time has gone by. I would say about 90% of company now days, don't provide shipping back to them. Even when the problem orginated at their fault. I have recieved countless DOA items and then had to pay shipping back to them. I have even recieved broken items and had to pay. It is the nature of doing business now days. Yes, there are a rare fiew that still offer these free, but that won't last.

So when you refused to return it back to them because he wouln't pick up the bill, is compleatly your fault and normal business practices now days across the board being automotive, tech, or what ever. It is just part of doing business online.

And as Mr_Luv stated, this is not his primarry income and does this more out of a hobby instead of as anything else. I feel that he had done more than a company that does this for a living would.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Look Man.

As I said in the beginning, if you weren't able to meet, then we would simply have to do the exchange by mail. And you indicated in your post that an acceptable situation for you would be: "I mail them COD, you fix them and have them back to me in working order in less than 7 business days." These two suggestions do not sound particularly different to me.

Well, as the situation currently stands and as I mentioned to you, I do not know what you have done to the lights in between the time that you said that there was condensation and now. But I am still willing to take a look at them and see what I can do. I think it's unfortunate that it has escalated to this point.

If you ship them to me regular mail with a tracking number I will split the shipping costs by sending my half via paypal. I will take a look at the lights and see if anything can be done, taking into consideration what you indicated that you already have done.

If they can be fixed, I will do so, give you an estimated time, and send them back to you. If not, then I will still send them back to you, but I will also send you the set of OEMs.

Mr.350

Look Man.

As I said in the beginning, if you weren't able to meet, then we would simply have

If you ship them to me regular mail with a tracking number I will split the shipping costs by sending my half via paypal. I will take a look at the lights and see if anything can be done, taking into consideration what you indicated that you already have done.

If they can be fixed, I will do so, give you an estimated time, and send them back to you. If not, then I will still send them back to you, but I will also send you the set of OEMs.

That sounds like a fair resolution.

AND THEN let's go get drunk and be friends! :) no?

That sounds like a fair resolution.

AND THEN let's go get drunk and be friends! :) no?

Sounds like a more than reasonable resolve.

Ahh, alcohol - the great equalizer! ;)

SBT

1. Mr. Luv didn't fulfill his VIP concierge service in anyway shape or form.

2. Mr. Luv gave Detslider the wrong lights - Detslider was billed the price of single xenon retro so it's a understandable mix-up but, he still ordered the bi-xenon retro.

3. Moisture - they shouldn't have leaked but they did the day after they were installed. That obviously indicates the housing was not sealed properly. Mr. Luv didn't offer an explanation or a solution but, suggested a band-aid.

4. Mismatched connectors and electrical tape in a very hot area. - C'mon give me an explanation for this, oh wait the photos are staged. Mr. Luv own up to your bad choice of electrical tape and mismatched connectors. The mismatched connectors are what really got to me. If they really are staged photos I apologize.

Detslider should have shipped them back to Mr. Luv as soon as the lights showed signs of defectiveness. The lights were DOA (they leaked right away) but, Detslider your dealing with a vendor that does this in his spare time, out of his home garage don't expect him to send a self-addressed box to your address. I would however expect a lot better product for 1K dollars.

Mr. Luv you should edit your post to reflect that concierge service is available on your time and at your discretion.

Much props to Mr. Luv for still trying to remedy the situation and for his service to the LGT community. The rest of you shouldn't ignore all of the previous points because of your experience/relationship with Mr. Luv.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/Detslider/HID/DSC00763.jpg

I'm sorry but this is horrible!!!! If thats how it came I am shocked. This is high voltage equipment not toys. Have you ever seen what happens when you power up a ballast with no bulb?

This is not good either

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/Detslider/HID/NewImage.jpg

I've dealt with Mr Luv in the past and he is a good guy, but something went wrong here. Rushed? Too much to handle? I don't know. Hate to be a dick, but I'm really shocked. :eek: I would expect to see something similar to below especially for $$$$$$.

-peace

IMG_1030e.jpg.871d8fff000f16fdd66245aafc294038.jpg

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

For all - this is being worked out between the principals involved. Let's leave the speculation about what's been done, or not done out of our comments because we were not directly involved, didn't personally see any of it, other than after-the-fact, and only have comments and 2-dimensional photos, which may-or-may-not represent the facts at hand, to gauge the veracity of it all.

After they've reconciled their differences (read: worked it out), they'll respond in this post and then anyone that wants to can pile on. In the interim, and unless you're personally/materially involved with the two principals on this issue, please refrain from commenting.

Cliff Notes: mr_luv and Detslider are working this Be helpful and let them work it out themselves without advocating for either side or commenting on the issue.

SBT

Archived