LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy?

EidolonSix

Actually, I think a lot of people here would.

But I still think that design means something, and people have a hard time buying an uglier car, but maybe I am the crazy one. Camry and Accord are best sellers, and Legacy sells barely any, and is even at the bottom of Subaru's 1% marketshare in the US.

I was certain I read somewhere that they called it a B4 because it had Bilstein struts, only in Japan. The Spec.B has better Bilsteins, but I'm reasonably certain the B4 had them too. (the 3.0R also has different Bilsteins than the Spec.B)

Oh, and the B4 designation was *not* equal to the B9 for the Tribeca.

Their model plan was going to be:

B11 = B11S was supposed to be their top of the line model

B9 = Tribeca (The B9 Scrambler kinda confused that for a while)

B7 = Legacy

B5 = Impreza (remember the B5-TPH?)

B3 = Forester

I don't think they ever had a B1 (unless that was supposed to be the Baja).

Edit: they decided to drop that scheme when nobody liked the B9 in front of Tribeca. It was initially going to be just called the B9, but the development code name (Tribeca) leaked out and everybody started calling it the Tribeca instead of the B9. The momentum swayed them into changing their plans and calling it the B9 Tribeca (and of course dropping B9 for '08).

Oh, and now they've confused things even further by calling the Impreza sold in Israel the B3.

I was certain I read somewhere that they called it a B4 because it had Bilstein struts, only in Japan. The Spec.B has better Bilsteins, but I'm reasonably certain the B4 had them too. (the 3.0R also has different Bilsteins than the Spec.B)

JDM GT sedan (B4) has Bilsteins struts itself. But so does wagon and it's not called B4, and never was.

AFAIK, B4 = turbo Legacy sedan

Btw, internal designation (model code) of our cars (JDM 04+ Legavcy, USDM 05+) is B13. BP and BL are chassis codes.

Model code for 02-07 Impreza is G11.

No, I wasn't referring to internal designations, I was referring to Subaru's plan to rename their whole line with the B designation. The Tribeca was to be the first, and after the B9 vs Tribeca stuff, they dropped the plan.

I believe it was Jon (in CT) over on Nasioc that verified this, and provided a link to the model registrations for B3, B5, B7, & B9 for the US. Subaru was actually registering them for use as their new vehicle names, but then changed their minds when nobody liked B9.

I like the front end on that first rendering, with the same sleek look as the current Legacy. However, I fear that in actuality Subaru will follow the current industry trend and make the car ugly with oversized, ungainly headlight assemblies and a ridiculously large grille.

I think modern styling has gotten too aggressive.

As a 2000 Miata owner, 'what he said'. I got the Miata since Mazda wasn't making the RX-7 any more. Upon review, I sorta think now I should have splurged on the NSX instead, since their purchase-less-resale value is prolly much less than the Miata. TCO has been great on the Miata, tho. . . . of course, Mazda has pretty restyled the Miata into ugliness -- don't get me started on the RX-8.

If this is the 2010 Legacy I'll be pretty happy. The current styling of the sides is kinda sleep-inducing, so some design language there would be welcome.

If this is the 2010 Legacy I'll be pretty happy. The current styling of the sides is kinda sleep-inducing, so some design language there would be welcome.

I am afraid these renderings look too good to be the 2010 Legacy.

It doesn't feature Subaru's latest design signature, as seen on the new Impreza:

--- no boring, feminine, generic "smiling mouth" grille

--- no cheater plastic filler in the rear window

--- no copying of late 1990's Nissan Sentra styling (4-door)

No...It's looking much too good...

http://bp0.blogger.com/_mIxZ3cO4_tU/SBKtHIegERI/AAAAAAAAAto/2FV00UGiK6Q/s400/2008+accord+front.JPG

It seems unfortunately that a lot of front ends are migrating towards what I would consider truck styling. I'm guessing we may see something more like the new Forrester front end.. although that's a bit unfounded because the old Forrester in no way resembled the legacy.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_488/car_photo_244233_7.jpg

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived