LegacyGT.com

08 Stage 2

Shifty93

To the all Stage 2 07's and up who haven't had any CELs...have you put it in 4th at 30mph, or 5th at 40mph, and floored it till 70-80? If not, try it.

Stage 2 is great, but you will have to learn how to drive it to avoid the CELs. I'm just waiting on better maps from Cobb.

For those experiencing an overboost with our OTS calibrations. We set the overboost limits a bit lower than is ideal. Please e-mail me christian@cobbtuning.com with "Revised 08 LGT AccessPORT Calibrations" in the subject line, along with the type of transmission your vehicle has and the name of the calibration you are running. We should be able to get you some updated calibrations for testing. Please be sure to e-mail me back with your results so we can verify we have eliminated this concern. We may have simply set the overboost limits a little too safe.

Take care,

Christian.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stage 1, but it's an automatic, what more can you do other then brake boosting it??? Either way, if it's making more power it should of had more MPH... I tried different ways/times boosting it up at the line, best 60' I can get was a 2.2-2.3, I can't remember for sure, but it definitely felt lazy... If I had a stick box I'd be dumping the clutch off the rev limiter...lol...

stage 1, regardless, you should be low to mid 14's. you need to really work on those 60' times.

what psi are you boosting when you run? I don't know if I have any in car vids from stg 2 runs or not.... pre-Valve Body mod. Of course, all the launching and tracking most likely led to the need to upgrade the VB. ;) But I'm glad I did. Really made a difference.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

On the streets!!! :lol: J/K

But practice makes perfect, the only way to learn is to get to know your car and get out to the track and make some passes. FWIW after about 15-20 passes I had launching down with no trouble. Then I upgraded my clutch and flywheel and the learning starts all over again :lol:. I've gotten street launches down, however the 10-12 passes I have had down the track have been garbage.

And people say drag racing requires no skill :rolleyes:

Drag racing does require skillz. ;) Just a little different from autox/rallyx. I can say that hubby owns me in autox (with slicks of course) but I own him at drag. I enjoy both equally to be honest, he prefers autox. I like to get my speed kicks any way I can, whether in a straight line or a very twisty windy one on or off asphalt. :D

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

For those experiencing an overboost with our OTS calibrations. We set the overboost limits a bit lower than is ideal. Please e-mail me christian@cobbtuning.com with "Revised 08 LGT AccessPORT Calibrations" in the subject line, along with the type of transmission your vehicle has and the name of the calibration you are running. We should be able to get you some updated calibrations for testing. Please be sure to e-mail me back with your results so we can verify we have eliminated this concern. We may have simply set the overboost limits a little too safe.

Take care,

Christian.

Emailed. Thanks Christian.

Take care,

Christian.

I've actually managed to get the overboosting CEL in 3rd, 4th, and 5th. I imagine it wouldn't be long in WOT in 6th that it would happen too. Hopefully this takes care of it...

Originally Posted by Neurodancer viewpost.gif

Luckily, anyone that wants to floor it going 30mph won't be in 4th or the same with your 5th gear scenario. When you have an MT, you do this thing called downshifting if you want to get up and go! :spin::lol:

Oh, wow. Thanks for that tip. I'll have to try it sometime.

Whatever... I'm just giving them a scenario to find out if they are overboosting. Maybe my speeds in that scenario are a little low for each gear, but if I'm cruising along at 50-60 in 5th gear I don't always want to downshift.

Just an FYI, that's a lot of stress on your rod bearings. Keep it in the right gear for the speed.

Drew

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Detonation stresses and destroys rod bearings, not down shifting to pass somebody or keep the engine in its power band... Drew stick to man sex in your spare time, don't try to give engine advice...lol...

To the all Stage 2 07's and up who haven't had any CELs...have you put it in 4th at 30mph, or 5th at 40mph, and floored it till 70-80? If not, try it.

Stage 2 is great, but you will have to learn how to drive it to avoid the CELs. I'm just waiting on better maps from Cobb, or confirmation from more than a couple people that PDX maps work.

I have an 08 LGT w/5EAT

Perrin catted DP

Magnaflow catback

Perrin TMIC

I got the AP V2 as soon as it was available for 07 & 08s and was quite pleased with the OTS Cobb Stg.2 93oct map until my 1st over-boost CEL.

I got my PDX etune maps this week and I am smiling all over again.

Going from Cobb Stg.2 OTS to PDX Stg2 etune/OTS map felt just like

going from stock to Stg.2 all over again. NO OVER-BOOST CEL!!! :)

The PDX map feels a lot less sluggish compared to the Cobb map and

power comes smoothly. Friends that have gone for a ride with me after

I re-flashed to the PDX map all agree that the car feels quicker and smoother.

I just need to order the VAG COM cable to start data logging

so Jarrad can fine tune my maps.

• 3 weeks later...

i just went stage two on the OTS map, threw what i believe is the overboost code. It was not excatly "turbo wastegate solinoid 2 code", reset the ecu, did it again, same code. I jumped the map down to the stage 1 93 code, and it threw a misfire in cyclinder 4 on a quarter throttle. Im so worried right now....

I have a slight exhaust leak, but this would cause any of these codes.

MODS:

2008 legacy gt AT

magnaflow catback

accessport, no firmware update cuz i use a mac.

Invidia catless dp...

Confused on the situation. I did not hit wot at all, and most CELs were thrown between a 1/4 and 3/4 throttle. The misfire one worried me, but it was at a very low rpm, and the car didnt shut down. Any help this way?

the first CEL got thrown at about 5500 rpms, which was the turbo wastergate one...

second cel again was thrown at about a 50% throttle, again was turbo wastegate.

I detuned it because boost was holding high @ 18.2 with a 11.1 AFR on the second Pull then the studder would occur and the CEL would pop up. I placed the stage 1 tune for 93 went to about 50% throttle, got a different cell which was the misfire code. The CEL disappeared once i parked the car but i still checked it and it was the misfire in cyclinder 4.

To my understanding, the misfire will only lead to a major problem if the CEL keeps getting thrown in a normal DD type driving. So, im a little confused and need help....

Archived