LegacyGT.com

08 Stage 2

Shifty93

To the all Stage 2 07's and up who haven't had any CELs...have you put it in 4th at 30mph, or 5th at 40mph, and floored it till 70-80? If not, try it.

Stage 2 is great, but you will have to learn how to drive it to avoid the CELs. I'm just waiting on better maps from Cobb, or confirmation from more than a couple people that PDX maps work.

I wish I wasn't scared to self tune...

I just spent 4 full track events with my PDX maps. NO CEL and no issues what so ever.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You need to find an 08 and take it out to him so he can have maps for us ;)

I have an 08, just not the LGT. LOL. I'm hoping he can make me up a race gas map from the data logging/tuning he's already done.

How big is the difference between stage 1 and stage 2??? Right now the car runs great with just an OTS Cobb stage 1 tune... I've got the catless downpipe, but I'm debating on putting it on or not... I don't want problems with the car over boosting, or anything like that... Plus all I have to do now is put it back to the stock tune and it can go to the dealer with out me having to take a down pipe off or anything like that... Any good or bad advice??? Suggestions???

To the all Stage 2 07's and up who haven't had any CELs...have you put it in 4th at 30mph, or 5th at 40mph, and floored it till 70-80? If not, try it.

Luckily, anyone that wants to floor it going 30mph won't be in 4th or the same with your 5th gear scenario. When you have an MT, you do this thing called downshifting if you want to get up and go! :spin::lol:

Luckily, anyone that wants to floor it going 30mph won't be in 4th or the same with your 5th gear scenario. When you have an MT, you do this thing called downshifting if you want to get up and go! :spin::lol:

I think (hope) he was getting at the fact you won't reach peak boost in 1st/2nd gear, so to actually hit overboost you need to be in 3rd/4th where you can actually reach it.

I think (hope) he was getting at the fact you won't reach peak boost in 1st/2nd gear, so to actually hit overboost you need to be in 3rd/4th where you can actually reach it.

when I hit the overboost CEL it was in 3rd gear going up a hill with 2 other people in teh car. I was under load and well.... obviously, hit boost a little too high for the conditions. Reset the ecu and it did it again. So emailed PDX and Jarrad sent me a revised map to fix it. Haven't hit it yet and again, that includes drag racing, rallycross and autocross events without any more CELs.

what is the limit on the 08'? According to my boost gauge, stock i was doing high 13psi i think, when weather was colder and i was on stg 1 93 map i hit past 16psi but under 17psi.

I haven't logged, yet, but just using the AP I see 16's quite a bit when in 3rd or 4th WOT. Rrarely 17, but it has happened. Haven't checked since the weather started getting warmer, though. I have never thrown a CEL.

08 LGT MT OTS Stg1 w catback

Debating the PDX tune...

Oh, wow. Thanks for that tip. I'll have to try it sometime.

Whatever... I'm just giving them a scenario to find out if they are overboosting. Maybe my speeds in that scenario are a little low for each gear, but if I'm cruising along at 50-60 in 5th gear I don't always want to downshift.

How big is the difference between stage 1 and stage 2??? Right now the car runs great with just an OTS Cobb stage 1 tune... I've got the catless downpipe, but I'm debating on putting it on or not... I don't want problems with the car over boosting, or anything like that... Plus all I have to do now is put it back to the stock tune and it can go to the dealer with out me having to take a down pipe off or anything like that... Any good or bad advice??? Suggestions???

I have an 08 LGT as well. Went stage II and the car is a whole different beast. I highly recommend that you upgrade your brake pads (Hawk HPS are nice) and put in some stainless steel brake lines first. Not real sure about the dealership thing, I have Revolutions Performance do my maintenance work for me. BTW, the guys at revolutions are great, I highly recommend them.

yeah you might need more practice.. I ran a 14.5 with only a panel filter in my 05 MT LGT and my first time ever at a drag strip.. after I stage two I'll be hoping to cut .8-1.0 seconds off that time. I am at sea-level if that matters..

I went to the track last night... The car ran a 14.8 AGAIN... MPH was still 96... I was pretty disappointed, but whatever, I guess its not a race car...

If you are stage 2 on your 08 and still ran a 14.8 sec run, you need the driver mod. ;) The car is fully capable of low 13's, now you just need to learn how to drive it there. takes some practice.

Stage 1, but it's an automatic, what more can you do other then brake boosting it??? Either way, if it's making more power it should of had more MPH... I tried different ways/times boosting it up at the line, best 60' I can get was a 2.2-2.3, I can't remember for sure, but it definitely felt lazy... If I had a stick box I'd be dumping the clutch off the rev limiter...lol...

If you are stage 2 on your 08 and still ran a 14.8 sec run, you need the driver mod. ;) The car is fully capable of low 13's, now you just need to learn how to drive it there. takes some practice.

Where can one learn to drag race their car? I have taken driving instruction at race tracks a few times, but they did not include launching and shifting to optimise drag times. Practicing on your own could get expensive if you are burning out your clutch!

Where can one learn to drag race their car? I have taken driving instruction at race tracks a few times, but they did not include launching and shifting to optimise drag times. Practicing on your own could get expensive if you are burning out your clutch!

On the streets!!! :lol: J/K

But practice makes perfect, the only way to learn is to get to know your car and get out to the track and make some passes. FWIW after about 15-20 passes I had launching down with no trouble. Then I upgraded my clutch and flywheel and the learning starts all over again :lol:. I've gotten street launches down, however the 10-12 passes I have had down the track have been garbage.

And people say drag racing requires no skill :rolleyes:

Archived