LegacyGT.com

Edmunds info on 2010 Legacy

Viber

"With the 3.0-liter model discarded, we have it on good authority that Subaru is seriously considering adding a hot Legacy STI to the mix further down the road — a sedan destined to get a turbocharged version of the company's current 3.7-liter engine that will reportedly pump out upwards of 430 hp."

I'd sell the Audi.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
from the article:

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/il/news/2008/0523/subaru.legacy.illustration.500.jpg

Subaru says the future Legacy's styling will split consumer opinion. This photo illustration offers an idea of what the new Legacy may look like. (Photo courtesy of Holiday Auto)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is the most absurd thing I have seen in a while.

But I wouldn't put it past Subaru. If that is anything like what the '10 Legacy will look like... Subaru, it was nice knowin' ya... Buh-BYE!

Not only that I wouldn't buy one, but it could seriously damage the company itself. How much damage can they inflict on themselves?

I think Subaru is going to follow what Toyota (now there's a surprise) and Honda did / do. They'll increase the size of the Legacy, hoping to catch repeat buyers who want a bigger car and, they'll do the same with the Imprezza. Current Corollas and Civics are much larger than a few years ago as are Camrys and Accords - not sure about the Accord, haven't been in one in a long while.

I can't see Subaru having two gas guzzlers(STI and potential STI LGT) in the North American market place. They would have to sell 10 million Imprezas to balance out their CAFE average or making those gas guzzling models exhorbitantly expensive.

DI seems interesting but could potentially kill alot of interesting tuning.

I can't see Subaru having two gas guzzlers(STI and potential STI LGT) in the North American market place. They would have to sell 10 million Imprezas to balance out their CAFE average or making those gas guzzling models exhorbitantly expensive.

DI seems interesting but could potentially kill alot of interesting tuning.

I dunno with the PZEV cars and the diesel coming around I could see it working out.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

someone should photoshop a foot long rear bumper on that thing - so we can see US version of it :lol:

Too tall though, I can see this being Outback (cause I don't care about Outbacks) but for Legacy Wagon it is a huge thing. I am on the half not liking it as pictured.:rolleyes:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

PZEV isnt gonna balance out CAFE standards.

To be more precise, PZEV has nothing to do with fuel economy and everything to do with emission control.

PZEV reduces poisonous pollutants like CO (carbon monoxyde) and NOx (oxydes of nitogen)

Since it has no effect on fuel economy, it has no effect on the harmless products of perfect hydrocarbon combustion coming out of the tailpipe: H2O (water vapor) and CO2 (carbon dioxide).

No, CO2 is not a pollutant.

Although CO2 is a greenhouse gas and human activity increases CO2 in the atmosphere, it is the least of our environmental problems. Time for a little bit of debunking:

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monckton/goreerrors.html

Archived