LegacyGT.com

Guaging interest on JDM aero guards (spats)

Rommel

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I went to the post office and picked up mine .. they look nice ... :) I sorta tried test fitting the front left on ... but anyone who got these, if you put them on, please take pictures and post so the rest of us can get an idea. I probably won't get to mine until Tuesday next week since I will be out of town.

Hey WRX_LGT,

Sorry to hear you got the wrong rear spats. I hope you can straighten it out without too much pain.

-Moto

well all is fine because I was able to sell it right away.

Looks great! I've got the rears on but haven't had a chance to tackle the front. I was thinking about doing double sided tape (I'm assuming that is what 3M Trim Tape is) instead of drilling as well. Hopefully, I can post pics by this weekend!

I noticed you painted your brake callipers?? How difficult was that?? I was thinking about doing that at some point in time too! Looks good!

-Moto

Looks great! I've got the rears on but haven't had a chance to tackle the front. I was thinking about doing double sided tape (I'm assuming that is what 3M Trim Tape is) instead of drilling as well. Hopefully, I can post pics by this weekend!

I noticed you painted your brake callipers?? How difficult was that?? I was thinking about doing that at some point in time too! Looks good!

-Moto

Yup, its the double sided tape, that's what I used. I also got the Dupli-color brake paint kit from Checker ... it was really easy to paint :)

Thanks!

Hey Legacy05 and whoever might be able to help,

Did you end up cutting the flap like you said you might do in the other post?? On my ride into work, I was thinking that this flap might be in the way of the jack points for the front (you know, if you wanted to jack up the car to change the tire).

Also, where did you stick the double sided tape? On the flap?

Finally, I noticed there was one of those pop out rivets up front (underneath - like there is in the rear), couldn't we just get a longer pop out rivet (like they included for the back) and drill a hole in the spat and use the existing hole on the car to hold it in place?

As you can tell, I'm hopefully going to tackle it this weekend and I'm trying to weigh all my options.

Thanks!

-dave

I didn't cut the flap, I ended up getting double sided trim tape and placing it on the flap and then bending it up and attaching to the frame. That was the only thing that I did that was different from the instructions, where you would drill in the screws .. I can take some close-up pictures today after work if you'd like.

I don't think the flap reaches as far in to be able to use the existing side skirt pop-clip. IIRC, the flap only goes about half way into the side skirt, leaving the jack point open as well as access to the front clip of the side skirt.

I was in on the group order and awaiting my set. Just got an E-Mail that my order only came in with two spats and will be delayed till the other two come in. Aghh

at least you know that you will be getting the right part, mine came in with the wrong rears so I have to order a new set and the long wait begins again :(

Hey Legacy05 and whoever might be able to help,

Did you end up cutting the flap like you said you might do in the other post?? On my ride into work, I was thinking that this flap might be in the way of the jack points for the front (you know, if you wanted to jack up the car to change the tire).

Also, where did you stick the double sided tape? On the flap?

Finally, I noticed there was one of those pop out rivets up front (underneath - like there is in the rear), couldn't we just get a longer pop out rivet (like they included for the back) and drill a hole in the spat and use the existing hole on the car to hold it in place?

As you can tell, I'm hopefully going to tackle it this weekend and I'm trying to weigh all my options.

Thanks!

-dave

there is no harm in screwing the flap, the flap only gets screwed on the side skirt anyways, it doesn't go all the way to the metal

Thanks all for the replies. That really helps out a lot. Hey Legacy05, if it's not too much trouble for a close up pic, I'd appreciate it. I'd be interested to see how you bent the flap.

I can't wait to get this thing on! Hopefully it won't be too cold! :)

Thanks all for the replies. That really helps out a lot. Hey Legacy05, if it's not too much trouble for a close up pic, I'd appreciate it. I'd be interested to see how you bent the flap.

I can't wait to get this thing on! Hopefully it won't be too cold! :)

I'll do it right when I get home, only 3 more hours :) I used two pieces of the tape on each side. I just put them together ... you might be able to see it when I take the pictures. As far as the weather, I'll send some of our 88 degree weather your way ;)

Archived