LegacyGT.com

Crab Cakes!?

GoRilla

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd
I have...what im saying is that calling a style better is a hard comment to defend.

I have been to MD and had your crab; its good but if we were talking specific places to eat you would have a better argument.

:orly: I thought it's about the specific places and not the location :lol:

You are being crabby :lol:

Garbagebag :lol:

I like garbagebag too :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Been itching to try the ones at the Grand Central Oyster bar

so lets go WTF Jesse alls you gotta do is tell me & we'll go :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Oh man.....tempting....

alright this week is a wrap for me for the most part but next week man just hit me up & we'll go. It's no sweat for me to go there I can get right home from there ;)

For comparison, go to Annapolis Seafood & compare their three types of crabcake - lump, Maryland & something else.n All quite tasty.

OTOH, the best we've had so far is from Jerry's in Seabrook. Bring Money.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Here's my recipe (restaurant tested as one of the best around here! this is scaled down for home kitchen)

1 LBS Crab (I use a combo of backfin and claw)

1 Minced Bell Pepper

1 Minced Jalapeno

2 TBS Chiffonade Basil

1/4 cup mayo (curried mayo if you can make it!)

1/4 cup panko

1 egg

2 TBS Paul Prudhommes Blackened Redfish Magic

1 TBS Old Bay seasoning

1 TBS Balsamic Vinegar or 1 1/2 TSP Balsamic Reduction

1 TBS Cumin Powder (if you dont have curried mayo you may add a TSP of coriander powder as well)

2 TBS Chile Powder

1 TBS Chili Powder

1 TSP Garlic Powder

2 TBS Lemon Juice

1 TBS Worcestershire

1 Dash Texas Pete or equivalent favorite pepper sauce

S & P to taste (cut down on salt, the redfish has salt in it)

Condiment Of choice:

Chile Garlic Chive Creme Fraische

1/4 cup of Creme Fraische (if you don't have it combine a pint of heavy cream with 2 TBS buttermilk and let it sit out overnight)

2 TBS Cock Sauce (Sriracha hot sauce, or you may use Sambal Oelek for a bigger kick)

1 TBS Minced Chives

(Combine all these in a bowl, put into a squeeze bottle, use it on everything)

Procedural hodgepodge:

1) Combine all ingredients in bowl, fold in all ingredients or stir depending on desired texture. If you find the cake too moist simply add more panko bread crumbs (It will be fairly moist, we don't do crab biscuits, we like crusty outside and melt in your mouth inside) Check seasoning, should be highly flavorful, adjust as necessary to your liking.

2)Shape into desired size cakes (if you want to portion uniformly you may use a container cap, a disher, or various other static objects), fill a bowl with panko bread crumbs, place cake in it, shake to coat, put on cooling rack until all are done, then shallow/deep fry or roast at 425 until desired crunchiness is reached on outside or refrigerate or freeze for later use.

3) Put all cakes on a large plate, drizzle pattern of liking across the tops of the crabcakes with creme fraische or serve as a dipping sauce on the side, and with copious amounts of cole slaw

4) Eat them, CAUTION: Dangerously addictive and probably a little different than the restaurant cakes you're all used to

what you got crabs?

whaddya got ya period?

what movie? Cmon I know you know

Guest heightsgtltd
Here's my recipe (restaurant tested as one of the best around here! this is scaled down for home kitchen)

1 LBS Crab (I use a combo of backfin and claw)

1 Minced Bell Pepper

1 Minced Jalapeno

2 TBS Chiffonade Basil

1/4 cup mayo (curried mayo if you can make it!)

1/4 cup panko

1 egg

2 TBS Paul Prudhommes Blackened Redfish Magic

1 TBS Old Bay seasoning

1 TBS Balsamic Vinegar or 1 1/2 TSP Balsamic Reduction

1 TBS Cumin Powder (if you dont have curried mayo you may add a TSP of coriander powder as well)

2 TBS Chile Powder

1 TBS Chili Powder

1 TSP Garlic Powder

2 TBS Lemon Juice

1 TBS Worcestershire

1 Dash Texas Pete or equivalent favorite pepper sauce

S & P to taste (cut down on salt, the redfish has salt in it)

Condiment Of choice:

Chile Garlic Chive Creme Fraische

1/4 cup of Creme Fraische (if you don't have it combine a pint of heavy cream with 2 TBS buttermilk and let it sit out overnight)

2 TBS Cock Sauce (Sriracha hot sauce, or you may use Sambal Oelek for a bigger kick)

1 TBS Minced Chives

(Combine all these in a bowl, put into a squeeze bottle, use it on everything)

Procedural hodgepodge:

1) Combine all ingredients in bowl, fold in all ingredients or stir depending on desired texture. If you find the cake too moist simply add more panko bread crumbs (It will be fairly moist, we don't do crab biscuits, we like crusty outside and melt in your mouth inside) Check seasoning, should be highly flavorful, adjust as necessary to your liking.

2)Shape into desired size cakes (if you want to portion uniformly you may use a container cap, a disher, or various other static objects), fill a bowl with panko bread crumbs, place cake in it, shake to coat, put on cooling rack until all are done, then shallow/deep fry or roast at 425 until desired crunchiness is reached on outside or refrigerate or freeze for later use.

3) Put all cakes on a large plate, drizzle pattern of liking across the tops of the crabcakes with creme fraische or serve as a dipping sauce on the side, and with copious amounts of cole slaw

4) Eat them, CAUTION: Dangerously addictive and probably a little different than the restaurant cakes you're all used to

Sounds good, but explain the bolded section please?

I like hot cakes

In recent years I have been getting my cakes broiled, not fried. Seems to preserve the taste a bit better for me. Try it.

Egh, I agree to a point. I think the crispiness of frying adds more dimension than it takes away in flavor. Its a trade off.

I ate 25 crabs yesterday. Took me a LONG time though, I was still hungry afterwards, and had to eat a cheeseburger.

Maryland's Suby friendly Realtor. My favorite suby shop:

http://www.IAGPerformance.com

Archived