LegacyGT.com

Crab Cakes!?

GoRilla

So i had a delicous leftover Crabcake for lunch today, and it got me thinking: "I wonder what the LGT crowd thinks about crabcakes?'

So I know there are many different types: Maryland (obviously the best), New England/Boston, and Southern. So whats your favorite, and if you have any great reciepes, share em!

"Crabcakes and Football, Thats what Maryland's about!" -guy from wedding crashers

Maryland's Suby friendly Realtor. My favorite suby shop:

http://www.IAGPerformance.com

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can attest to maryland crabcakes & crab in general being extremely delicious. I used to head to b-more all the time
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

gross generalization dude.

Now if we were talking crab type or lump vs claw then we can compair :rolleyes:

Im confused? I am just saying, Maryland style Crab Cakes are the best.

If you havnt had them, then come on over to MD and give them a try!

Im confused? I am just saying, Maryland style Crab Cakes are the best.

If you havnt had them, then come on over to MD and give them a try!

I have...what im saying is that calling a style better is a hard comment to defend.

I have been to MD and had your crab; its good but if we were talking specific places to eat you would have a better argument.

I love crab cakes. Don't know enough about them to differentiate between styles though. I've had Maryland's version and can't say they were any more or less tasty than others I've taken down.
ignore him, he'll go away.

I have lived on both coast and all over the states(Army) and Maryland definetly does not have the best crab cakes. The best crab and crab cakes i have had were on the west coast and made with dungeness crab. That's just my opinion though.

Very interesting, I dont think I have even had dungeness crab. Now on the list of "must try"

I have...what im saying is that calling a style better is a hard comment to defend.

I have been to MD and had your crab; its good but if we were talking specific places to eat you would have a better argument.

I actually wasnt arguing anything. So go to regular OT if you want an argument.

I just wanted to hear some opinions of what types of crab and crab cakes you guys like. Hopefully get some good recipes, so I can broaden my crab cake horizons!

Maryland (obviously the best),

I actually wasnt arguing anything.

I didnt say arguing I said argument to defend. You made a statment that is false; therefor you would defend that statment in an argument :)

I dont like to eat crabcakes out becuse everyone thinks there are the best and 9/10 times im disappointed :(

In for recipes :)

you guys are makin me hungry
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Chesapeake Bay crab is king.
That's assuming you know the difference from Blue Crab and cheap Asiatic crab from a can.Which is what you get at about 75% of all the restaurants.Probably just as well...since I think there should be a 5 year moratorium on commercial crab fishing in the Chesapeake ,regardless of the fact the my Father,Uncle and about 4 generations of my family have been "Crabbers".Not much left to catch in the Bay anymore.

Archived