LegacyGT.com

Cabin filter

I bought my Legacy GT in November and also bought a cabin air filter. I was told that the air filter was being redesigned and it would be availible in a few weeks. Every time I call the dealer he tells me there is no estimate of when the cabin filter will be ready. Has any one heard anything about this?

I would suggest getting your money back, the original filter design was deemed to difficult and time consuming to install/replace. Subaru is attempting to redesign the cabin filter kit and until they do it is unavailible. Last update we received was that it was hoped to be ready by August '04....and you see that didn't happen...

I have been told different things by different dealers. One said that they had one in stock (totally clueless!). Another said they will be available in February. Yet another said they won't be available until September. I just hope that they come out with one and don't give up!

I ordered the cabin filter from the parts department at Westboro Subaru

(1-613-728-5813) in Ottawa, Canada. They received the filter 2 weeks later.

For $90 Canadian the cabin filter kit only contains the filter material & instructions.

I had the dealer install the filter last Thursday (2005-01-13).

It was their 1st installation on a 2005 Legacy.

The installation took 2.5 hours but I was only charged for 1 hour of labour.

In the winter I didn't feel like going through such a tedious install.

Installation of cabin air filter. (56k warning)

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1626

I ordered the cabin filter from the parts department at Westboro Subaru

(1-613-728-5813) in Ottawa, Canada. They received the filter 2 weeks later.

For $90 Canadian the cabin filter kit only contains the filter material (no frame) & instructions.

Call Westboro Subaru (1-613-728-5813) and ask for Rob in the Parts Department.

I think the part-no is G3210AG000.

just to understand correctly.. does our car come with a filter stock... or just the location for one?

is this part number for an upgraded filter?

if it is what is wrong with the original one?

thanks

Our car has the filter frame but no filter material.

I made my own for less than 10 bucks, I'll get 4 of them out of that home filter. And its antimicrocial and is like 1140 microns or something rated? But I think all they would have to do is make it so the tray can stay inside the housing and so the door for the filter can come off with just the two top clips. This way you can reach in through where the owners manual is(take the plastic out). And reach in and take the door off, and then since the filter is flexible, you can slide it into place.... Or something like that. Anyone understand what I'm saying?

Guest *Jedimaster*
this is mine that i've been using in my impreza for a year. i can make 6 filters out of one sheet. not sure what the size for the legacy is though.

I have the exact same one in my XT- Home Depot special all the way. As much of a pain as it is to get it in there, I'll stick with replacing it once a year.

Received my Winter 2005 issue of Drive magazine yesterday. Near the back, in 2005 Subaru Legacy Accessories, Utility & Convenience: Air Filtration System. "Helps reduce dust and pollen infitration within the vehicle cabin area. G3210AG000 (part number). wtf?? My dealer said unavailable in November 2004.

Archived