LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Impreza line changes?

Sorry, I should have been more specific..

Going back to the previous posts in this thread... the Impreza GT being auto only and the current WRX power level, but the WRX nameplate getting slight refreshing, and manual-only ~265 power unit.

But the UK gets 330S or 380S special editions... I don't see those coming to the US, but perhaps two more imprezas would do well.

As opposed to more Legacy options of course. :rolleyes:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, I should have been more specific..

Going back to the previous posts in this thread... the Impreza GT being auto only and the current WRX power level, but the WRX nameplate getting slight refreshing, and manual-only ~265 power unit.

But the UK gets 330S or 380S special editions... I don't see those coming to the US, but perhaps two more imprezas would do well.

As opposed to more Legacy options of course. :rolleyes:

Thanks for clarifying. Believe the 330S or 380S are Prodrive built correct?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I think prodrive recently closed their main US operations a few months, back... I'd have to look again, but I thought I had heard that. I think they still import parts to the US a bit, though.

That's about the extent of it.

I wish they would come back, but I am not sure that the market is going to favor that, without some major OE sub-contracts, and I don't see SOA doing that.

They mostly do GT-series racing and development in Europe, from their UK headquarters. They are allied, or have a stake in the new ownership of Aston Martin. Subaru tuning is probably quite a small sliver of their work, Subaru WRC racing is probably a bit more than street-car tuning.

But they didn't do that much in the US. I wish they did. Mostly it became an official importer, and you might as well sub-contract that, if that is all it'll be.

I wish they would come back, but I am not sure that the market is going to favor that, without some major OE sub-contracts, and I don't see SOA doing that.

They mostly do GT-series racing and development in Europe, from their UK headquarters. They are allied, or have a stake in the new ownership of Aston Martin. Subaru tuning is probably quite a small sliver of their work, Subaru WRC racing is probably a bit more than street-car tuning.

But they didn't do that much in the US. I wish they did. Mostly it became an official importer, and you might as well sub-contract that, if that is all it'll be.

Who wants to be an exclusive distributor, or is that slot already filled?

Archived