LegacyGT.com

Short throw shifter differences

dannyboy7

So, when I got my spec b, It already had the sti sts in it, and its alright, still clunky and overall still a pretty long throw I think. Can there be anything done to shorten the sti sts at all? What other short throws are out there that you guys are using and like? Dosnt help that I drove my sister in laws passat recently and man that thing is like butter!

Cobb STS is double adjustable (throws/height). I love it but you need the bushings. It feels perfect with my Momo shift knob.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Kartboy short throw is really nice. Combined with front and rear hardened stay bushings, as well as pivot and linkage bushings from Turninconcepts makes for quick precise throws.

What year is your SpecB?? This may limit some of your options.

I also have the Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings. Incredible. Absolutely love it. Short precise shifts.

'08 Spec, and just had the Kartboy installed a week ago, and I love it. Very precise and firm. It took up a lot of the sloppiness from the OEM shifter. Also had the bushings done too. This is a very nice kit. And for those hot summer days, I really recommend the white delrin knob. it gets warm, but never gets so hot that you can't hold it for more than a second. The other nice thing about it, is its smooth surface, it just slides in your hand.
If I had something important to say, I wouldn't tell you anyway.

Is the kartboy just a shorter shift stick with a slightly different angle on it? I had one on my wrx, and did the bushings on it too, I loved it. Can anything be done to the sti sts to make it a little better, shorter stick, bushings etc? Im not missing gears or anything, it would just be nice to have a slightly shorter and more precise throw.

Archived