LegacyGT.com

Neighbor has doored my new LGT 3 times. Advice needed!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

u lucky dood....thts incredible....and just cuz he had a CIA hat doesnt meen diddly. I know a couple that worked in the CIA and NSA as cryptographers (sp). For all u know the old man was an Administrative Assistant.

Never Fear the establishment unless you are a kennedy HA HA :lol:

But we gotta give him credit for fessing up and finding that 'amicable' solution.

Now if only you could go back in time and make the vikes win over the eagles with their rowdy fans...then i'd feel happier :p

u lucky dood....thts incredible....and just cuz he had a CIA hat doesnt meen diddly. I know a couple that worked in the CIA and NSA as cryptographers (sp). For all u know the old man was an Administrative Assistant.

You don't know the half of it! I told viperenvy about it this morning.... Don't want to share the guy's details in a public forum, but let's just say apparently he was a serious spook back in the day.

Can you say: PsyOps?

:eek:

Do your research on the paintless dent removal shop. Some places are definetely better than others. Denter Doctor took a few dents out on one of my cars and I could still see them slightly. You should not be able to see the dents at all if the guy knows what he is doing. In addition, they should be able to wet sand the paint damage for you. Don't except anything less when you get it fixed.

I went outside this morning to find THREE dents in my rear passenger door, put there by none other than the car who has space #12. (They are all at the same height, and have the same red paint smears as his Camry.)

Man, once is a mistake, three times the guy needs a beating... if all normal channels of "nice-guy" revenge dont work, take a crowbar to his beautiful camry "oops mustve dropped out of my car unto your door" or to his head...

just kidding (maybe) ;)

I can see it now. "Honey there's someone to see you about door dings again- get out your CIA hat I got you at the store."

Really though, how about getting something like this so you don't have to worry about it again?

http://altura.speedera.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/210000/213300/213347/products/6943764.jpg

http://www.shop.com/amos/cc/main/product_categories/act/0-20398-25314-26978/ccsyn/260/_x_/Other-Exterior-Accessories

Guest *Jedimaster*
I can see it now. "Honey there's someone to see you about door dings again- get out your CIA hat I got you at the store."

Really though, how about getting something like this so you don't have to worry about it again?

http://altura.speedera.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/210000/213300/213347/products/6943764.jpg

http://www.shop.com/amos/cc/main/product_categories/act/0-20398-25314-26978/ccsyn/260/_x_/Other-Exterior-Accessories

:lol::lol::lol:

I commiserate with you and wish it hadn't happened.

It's one thing if an old car with a lot of prior dings gets another ding, but quite different and disheartening when it happens to a new car.

I think the other posters have given you good advice. Here's more:

DO NOT WASH THE CAR!

I suggest that you arrange to have a police officer drop by when the other guy's vehicle is parked next to yours, so you can show the cop the damage. He can either take a vehicle damage report or bear witness that the other guy's vehicle was very likely the vehicle that damaged your car.

This is an insurance manner, and the cop should be able to have the guy come outside, FACE the damage he's done, and present his insurance information. After all, this can be considered as an accident, or it can be comsidered as intentionally inflicted damage.

Either way, the guy will have to take responsibility.

If the guy asks why you had to call the police instead of just knocking on his door, you can always say "I needed a police report for the insurance company."

Don't forget that the Bad Guy may not really be a bad person; it could be that he's just fat! Perhaps too big to get out without smacking his door into your car.

That would NOT excuse his action, but would make it understandable; parking spaces seem to be getting smaller everywhere

Still, the guy should have found YOU, admitted to and apologized for the damage, and offered his insurance information so you could have it repaired. That's what a civilized person should do. Unfortunately, many folks are afraid to take responsibility for their "accidents", and therefore require some friendly persuasion.

Good Luck!

Sorry to hear about the dents. My wife had a similar problem with her neighbor before we were married, but it was more like 10 white door dings. She just approached the girl one day and showed her the damage and said that she was pretty sure that it came from her car.

The girl had no idea that she was even hitting the car and was very apologetic, and she paid to have the door fixed.

I think that if you approach people in a nice way, they tend to respond in kind. If you just assume that the guy did this on pupose and deliberately didn't tell you, then he'll get very defensive and will be less likely to just agree to pay to have it fixed.

Too many people go straight for the yelling, screaming and swearing approach. Shit happens; reasonable people deal with it like adults, not testosterone-infused idiots. Leave a letter like someone said above, then if he still doesn't respond, approach him personally. If he still doesn't respond, only then should you try to involve the management or police.

Sweet- now we NEED details!

Here's an article I found. (With his name deleted because I don't feel right about mentioning it without his permission.) Kind of crazy to think this guy was probably helping Bin Laden back in the day. What a crazy world.

"The man tapped to run psychological warfare was [my neighbor] , a

second-generation American who had grown up in a Russian neighborhood

of Cleveland. "He was the 'hearts and minds' expert," (CIA Case

Officer and head of the Afghanistan operation) Gust Avrakotos says,

"the kind of guy who pulls the wings off of flies, dangerous if you

don't channel him properly. I told him, 'The first time I see you

treating any of my people mean, I'll fire you. Take it out on the

Russian cocksuckers.' [My neighbor] knew the Russian mind. He kept trying to get me to give him twenty portable radio stations that he could

program with demoralizing psychological broadcasts. He finally got two

portable man packs to beam stuff into the Russian troops. The problem

is that none of the mujahideen wanted to do it. They didn't think it

was manly. Who would want to carry a radio transmitter when you can

fire a missile?"

Art Alper, the grandfatherly demolitions expert, was one of the team's

more idea-filled members. Along with developing demolition kits,

special fuses, and new techniques to smuggle weapons and ordnance into

enemy territory, he helped develop portable amplifiers and devices to

spread [my neighbor's] psychological war. The inspiration for this effort

came from North Korean radio broadcasts to U.S. troops: "Hey G.I.,

we're fucking your sister."

The CIA's idea was to place powerful amplifiers on hills across from

Soviet garrisons. When the mujahideen turned them on, a Russian voice

would boom out: "While your wives and mothers and sisters are sleeping

with political commissars and you are dying on the battlefield, we

mujahideen laugh at you" or "We Dushman (the Russian name for the

mujahideen), we herders of goats and sheep, challenge you women to

come up to this hill and fight."

"I thought the portable broadcasts were ridiculous, but it hit my

funny bone," says Avrakotos. "And it did promote fear. If you get some

fucking Dushman without shoes challenging you to fight and you go up

there and get bushwhacked or sniped, you realize this guy is clever.

You start fearing him."

Alper's amplifiers would broadcast at irregular intervals, even after

the mujahideen had left their positions. When the Soviets discovered

that the equipment was on automatic pilot, it spooked them further;

the mujahideen were a more sophisticated foe than they had previously

thought.

Some of the other psychological-war efforts weren't quite as

successful. The sinister messages that [my neighbor] had dreamed up for

leaflets rarely made their way to the Red Army troops. Each pamphlet

had a different pitch. One said, "If your commanding officer is a real

Communist who want you to fight many battles, frag (kill) him.

Otherwise, eventually we're going to get you." But the mujahideen, who

didn't understand the concept of propaganda, tended not to be very

helpful. Avrakotos says they found it far too tempting to treat

[my neighbor's] leaflets as if they were exotic CIA-issued toilet paper."

Archived