LegacyGT.com

Neighbor has doored my new LGT 3 times. Advice needed!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I went next door and knocked....

A woman about 60, anwered the door. I introduced myself, said I was sorry to be meeting her under such circumstances, and then went on to explain the situation.

She listened politely, but then started in with the "How do you know it was me?" line. I explained the details, told her that the paint matches her car, and that the height is consistent with their door height, at which point she said "let me get my husband."

Ugh.

The good news is that the husband was very nice, about 70 or so, and immediately apologized, saying that he always tries to be very careful because the spaces are so tight. He then got his insurance info out, and gave me all of the info I needed.

At this point, the wife chimes in with "Paul, you'd better go down and look at the car before we take this any further." To which I say "I'd actually prefer it if you did come down and take a look so that you can see for yourself. It would be a good idea to open your car door and see if the height matches too."

He throws on a jacket and we are headed downstairs when I notice he is wearing a CIA hat. My grandfather was in the CIA for 20 years, so I asked if he knew him.... He didn't, but it turns out he with them for 30+ years! Mucho respect.

Anyway, we get to the car, he takes one look and goes "Oh man, I am very sorry." Then, he opens up the car door to check the height, and it's a dead on match...

Long story short, he agreed to pay for the repairs out of his own pocket and apologized profusely.

Yay!

All I need to do now is find a good paintless dent repair shop in Boston and bring it in. Anybody know of any?

Great resolution. See what taking the high road can do? (sometimes...)

Yeah, I always try to do it when I can. I am a firm believer in the golden rule.... Sometimes it works out OK, sometimes it doesn't.

In the end, I'd rather not put myself through the aggravation of turning things into a confrontation.

Three dings on a car door, while annoying, are not the end of the world. I should be grateful that this was the most stressful thing in my day.

Some people are having bombs dropped on their heads for chrissake!

After he pays you for the damage and its all fixed... roll that k#nt when he takes the garbage bins out... make sure u knock him to the ground. Then stomp on his throat.

get a few of ur mates together aswell to give him the scare factor of 10 v 1

tell him u are insured by the mafia... u hit me, we hit you

I feel a little guilty about throwing the brick through his windshield, but what can you do?

South Boston 4 eva!

:lol:

Where in southie... I used to live RIGHT outside the andrew T stop on the redline... Directly above the Lil' Peach...

My last car got hit twice in that parking lot and once while driving around southie.. guy tried to drive off... and my insurance company ended up paying HIM!!!... never got fixed... any of the damage.

Beware of boston drivers.

Guest *Jedimaster*
is it just me or people got excited after they knew it was a former CIA agent? :lol:

You obviously know nothing of the Circle of Trust. :D

For that same reason of door dings in Boston, I won't drive there. I live on the Cape and take the commuter rail up and use the T. But, I know you don't have much choice. Me personally: I would superglue some nails face up on the asphault right underneath his tires and let him back up and put some punctures in there.

Archived