LegacyGT.com

how to flush brake fuid??

RaGe

Been reading through all of this crap and there is still no exact answer that i am comfortable with.

using replacement type brake fluid DOT 3, approx how much to fully flush system? Two big bottles that you would get at autozone? i dont auto X or anything like that. Just a spiritual driver.

And using the battle buddy system what method would you recomend to flush the old brake fluid out? 70K and figured i am bleeding the caliper anyways from where i had to replace a sticky worn out caliper so why not flush the system out and put new in.

SO a recap from all of this useless writing above

How much DOT 3 brake fluid to do a system flush of the whole system?

how to flush?

I know the obvious, dont get air in the master blah blah blah.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

One "big" bottle will be plenty. If you can, get some Valvoline SynPower DOT4. Should last you a good bit longer after this change ;)

Get a turkey baster. Suck out as much as you can from the reservoir. Fill with new fluid. Then goto each corner and bleed w/ buddy. Careful not to pump the pedal too fast or hard. You want those bubbles intact.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

so give the master a BJ but dont run it too dry right? I am going to autozone. Gotta get the car back as it has been down for a week. i need it back so i cant wait anymore. so if autozone does not sell it i am not getting it.

OTM.

ahhh they sell it.

stock lines an all. this is ok?

http://www.autozone.com/R,NONAPP5036/store,752/shopping/accessoryProductDetail.htm

That's it, but that is the small bottle. You'll need two of those.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Keep in mind, there is a single hardline running to the rear calipers that Y's before splitting to each rear wheel. Moral of the story, the first rear wheel will take a while to get clear fluid through, but the second will go much faster as you're only flushing the shorter leg after the Y.

What? Usually your info is spot on, but............:confused:

How can you have 4 channel ABS with one rear line?

At any rate our cars have two rear lines one for each side. It takes longer to flush the first side because you are also flushing the master cylinder and proportioning valve (maybe the ABS too), the second rear line that is flushed is only the rear line, so it goes faster.

well got it all flushed and new caliper put on. the Valvoline makes the petal feel a little bit different but brakes are grabby like before. picked up on big bottle and had some left over.

OTM.

Archived