LegacyGT.com

Will I be deaf with this exhaust? (PICS)

fredrik_wt

I really like the look at this exhaust

http://img213.imagevenue.com/loc18/th_91378_102_large_123_18lo.jpg

BUT I don´t know anything about it, how it sounds or work... I looks to be pretty small mufflers so I guess it will sound a bit... The problem is that this exhaust is now possible to buy in europe, and it is pretty expensive to import from US when you have add shipping cost, VAT (25% at price+shipping fee) and at last toll at 10%... total amount will be around 950$ and then we are talking about the last mufflers at the pic ONLY... and I only got a 2.5i so it´s just for fun and to make it sound a bit better and looks way better.

My plan now is to install this universal muffler:

http://img181.imagevenue.com/loc213/th_91379_jap1_123_213lo.jpg

The total length of it is 500 mm and the body lenght is 310 mm, pretty big to compare to others of same kind...

My question, do you guys think the sound will be TO loud and make me nuts? I mean worse then Blitz nur spec R at impreza? or would it work?? maybe someone have a soundclip of a legacy with pretty much the same kind of exhaust??

greatful for help (this mufflers is about 190$ + work)

Those look like Perrin cans. Also, they are really slim and light as far as the overall diameter and size. I am not sure how they would sound on an 2.5i. You might be better to find some used ones if you don't want to spend a lot.

If you got to YouTube, JSCSpeed or the Perrin site. I believe you coud get a sound clip. However, those are from a GTs. Also, the sound clip people post usually have some other performance mods (full catback or downpipe).

Perrin mufflers have a very deep tone. Some would say load but just the cans are not load IMHO.

There are some mufflers that look like Perrin as far as the 4" tips(X02 Racing), which you could find on ebay for cheap.

There are plenty of post on exhaust as well as sound clip if you search. GL.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Have search at ebay but cant find, X02 racing and more, what search word do you use?

It may not be called X0 racing on ebay. Also, these are not on ebay all the time. Also, search the Intake and Exhaust forum. You might find something on there.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Never spoken with a real European? LOL

I read the whole thing with british accent and it helped:lol:

It shouldn't be too loud especially if you leave the stock cats and resonator in place.

Yeah, I real european that not have english as main language... I have only study in school... Have been in us a couple of times and a lot in asia and other european countries, but you know, our english in sweden is pretty good compared to other european countries.... My english is pretty bad, as you can see at my spelling and my way to use the words, often I need to go around words to get to the point... If I would do my best every time, it will take to long time, I read a lot and I dont have so much problem to understand (read often american newspaper) but it´s way harder to express yourself in the same way, specialy when we in sweden often put to words togheter... A bit of topic, hope you got patience with me =) :lol: I would actually be happy if more people complain at my language, hopefully I learn something new everytime.

Back to topic, this mufflers seems to be pretty much same same in size, I found a soundclip with perrin at a GT, like it a lot

NewLegGT67--> I dident get your point at first, understand now, blame that I´m swedish again ;)

you should hopefully just get the nice boxer drone..unlike us 2.5T owner who have to deal with turbo wine,BOV PPPPSSSHHH, and loud ass intake noises..oooh wait thats a good thing...all in all, go for it..at least your car will be more aesthetically pleasing

why do you want it to be so loud?

a good set of prodrive mufflers would sound great w/o making your neighbors want to rip their ears off. They're a bit pricey but they sound great on boxers.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

not really. i have perrin my/y with prodives cans with no cats and headders. no droning at all and its actually pretty quiet. IMO with the right selection of good parts, you can have a very nice and not too loud setup with no compromises.

^ Well there must be a difference between the prodrives and the perrin cans then even though they are both straight through designs.

I am by no means free flowing...I have a crucial DP with HFC setup, so there is a restriction, and stock headers.

My car droned like crazy on the highway. My friends sitting in the back equated the sound to sitting in a prop plane, it was that loud. If there was no drone, I'd be rocking the perrin cans right now.

Archived