LegacyGT.com

I haz black and tan pleaz

rc0032

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Usually a black and tan is Guinness + Harp Lager...mainly because Harp is a Guinness Brand.

yes that's right. Oddly enough when I was in Ireland, Harp was nowhere to be found :lol:

we called those half and halfs; black and tan would get you a foundation of harp (bleh) :)

bass/guiness = 1/2 & 1/2

harp/guiness = black & tan

the bartender told us young'uns pouring those was how the ira signaled there was a spy in the bar :0

The Black & Tans were the enforcers of the British rule & were known for their brutality & their random executions on the street (they'd just shoot people down for no reason). They were given kind of a mismatched uniform of khakis & black which is where they got their names. They basically were army solidiers done with their enlistments or whatever that couldn't really assimilate back into British society so they were sent to enlisted to go to Ireland.

There's a whole song about the black & tans made famous by The Wolftones. "come out ye black & tans, come out & fight me like a man". Great song!

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

yes that's right. Oddly enough when I was in Ireland, Harp was nowhere to be found :lol:

I've been to Ireland 3 times in the past 6mo! (for work of course)...

Funny thing is i asked for a black & tan and the waitress took a double take and was like okay...

Second round...i asked for a black and tan again, and she brought me a straight up guinness....then she said "be a man!" :lol:

Her and my UK office coworker were giving me $hit all night! :lol:

Good times!!

Oh...and Yes i do have my Guinness (from Ireland) Fridge Pack a Chill'n!!

Carry on!

~Sucka-Duck~

Great country to visit! Been there twice and loved both times :cool:

+1 only been there once but I'd love to go back

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

The Black & Tans were the enforcers of the British rule & were known for their brutality & their random executions on the street (they'd just shoot people down for no reason). They were given kind of a mismatched uniform of khakis & black which is where they got their names. They basically were army solidiers done with their enlistments or whatever that couldn't really assimilate back into British society so they were sent to enlisted to go to Ireland.

There's a whole song about the black & tans made famous by The Wolftones. "come out ye black & tans, come out & fight me like a man". Great song!

That's not entirely true, they had a reason, they just didn't like the Irish :lol:

That's not entirely true, they had a reason, they just didn't like the Irish :lol:

Typical worthless cowardly british trash :p

I've been to Ireland 3 times in the past 6mo! (for work of course)...

Funny thing is i asked for a black & tan and the waitress took a double take and was like okay...

Second round...i asked for a black and tan again, and she brought me a straight up guinness....then she said "be a man!" :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Unlike the Americans, who would rather lose the war than the battle :lol:

This aint the PA but lets not throw stones ye limey! You guys tried to conquer 1/2 the world only to give it all back to the people you took it from so :p

I thought a black and tan was with bass...

My quick little memory trick was that Black and tan and Bass both start with B.

Same trick with Half and Half...because a Half and Half uses Harp...

Oy my poor head...

I think we've come to the conclusion that they're interchangeable :lol::lol:

There's alot of these threads lately huh? Black & tan or 1/2 & 1/2. Pop or Soda. Sauce or gravy. Val or a dude. WTF? :lol:

This aint the PA but lets not throw stones ye limey! You guys tried to conquer 1/2 the world only to give it all back to the people you took it from so :p

We didn't just try, we did, and at one point over half of all land on this earth was British :p

Think yourself lucky that we have a softer side too ;)

We didn't just try, we did, and at one point over half of all land on this earth was British :p

Think yourself lucky that we have a softer side too ;)

You did just try you don't have that shit now right? :lol:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Rcoxx/jerk.gif I don't care enough about it to argue in a beer thread :lol:

Archived