LegacyGT.com

The Best Tuner Shop In Socal!

moviemadness

like the title says, name the best tuner you think there is.

do you think they're the best b/c of the hp/tq numbers you were able to achieve?

service? shop cleanliness? tuner skill? knowledge? friendliness? time management? whatever you can think of.

1. why?

2. pros

3. cons

4. what you had done

like the title says, name the best tuner you think there is.

do you think they're the best b/c of the hp/tq numbers you were able to achieve?

service? shop cleanliness? tuner skill? knowledge? friendliness? time management? whatever you can think of.

1. why?

2. pros

3. cons

4. what you had done

HB Speed!

1. Because we have tuned more LGT than anyone.
  2. Brand new (to us) 6000 sq foot facility.
  3. Best prices around.
  4. Many years of LGT/ Subaru experience
  5. Super friendly

:)

Jon and Matt (HB Speed) are nice guys, but to be entirely self serving I have to say ME and my boys at Yimi Sport Tuning :lol:

Honestly though, ask around here and elsewhere and you'll never hear anything bad about customer experiences at Yimi Sport. We care about our work and our customers and will always make sure you get a great deal on parts and labor.

I'm very biased as I have only been to a single shop here in SoCal - Yimi Sport Tuning.

do you think they're the best b/c of the hp/tq numbers you were able to

achieve?

This is a question that has a multi-part answer. I was pleased by the hp/tq numbers that they were able to produce for me. Power delivery is smoooooth and the tunes they produced are safe. They delivered both times what I had asked for and were willing to stand behind their work.

service?

I'm generally a DIY'er and was very leary of paying people to work on my car. All my qualms were set aside by their quality of service. My stage2 install went perfectly and by the numbers.

shop cleanliness?

It's a working garage. 'Nuff said.

tuner skill? knowledge? friendliness? time management? whatever you can think of.

Paul (BoostJunkie) definitely has a skillset in my opinion. I had two tunes done by

Yimi Sport. The first was with Anthony, who delivered what I had asked for - a safe, conservative tune. After a few mods were added to the car (months later), Paul took the helm and tuned my car, this time adding more whp/wtq.

Yim (the owner and namesake) endured a lot of questions when I purchased my APv2 from them back in July 2007. They were friendly, courteous and helpful.

So far, Yimi Sport has endured the following and never made me feel unwelcomed:

1) Lots of questions.

2) Me smoking their cigarettes.

3) Me drinking their beer.

4) Lots of questions.

both hb speed and yimi sport are both great shops both are knowledgable and friendly now i have 2 places to go visit my parents stop by yimi stay in torrance stop by hb speed but both are very reputable here in socal

If you want more of a breakdown then I'd say on LGTs at least, Yimi has more experience in installs and HB Speed has more experience in tuning. Not to say they can't do both though.

They're quite a bit of distance from each other, but if you're in LA they're probably nearly the same distance apart.

I think if you went to enough meets you'd eventually meet these guys. Yimis has meets on the first and third Fridays of the month, so you can check the place out and talk to them, and HB is planning a similar thing with their new place when they open next month.

That being said, I had install/tune done by HB Speed and it went great.

If you want more of a breakdown then I'd say on LGTs at least, Yimi has more experience in installs and HB Speed has more experience in tuning. Not to say they can't do both though.

They're quite a bit of distance from each other, but if you're in LA they're probably nearly the same distance apart.

I think if you went to enough meets you'd eventually meet these guys. Yimis has meets on the first and third Fridays of the month, so you can check the place out and talk to them, and HB is planning a similar thing with their new place when they open next month.

That being said, I had install/tune done by HB Speed and it went great.

Thank you for th support but i must correct one part

HB Speed has about 5 years experience on Yimi on the install side of things

(especially on LGT's) Paul and Paul are great guys and will do a good job, as will we.

I just said that because when you installed my DP Matt you said it was the first time doing that for a Legacy.

Not that it seems too much different from a WRX, which you guys have lots of experience on, and of course you did a great job on it.

I just said that because when you installed my DP Matt you said it was the first time doing that for a Legacy.

Not that it seems too much different from a WRX, which you guys have lots of experience on, and of course you did a great job on it.

There must have been a slight misunderstanding, its ok, its no big deal.

Collectively Hb Speed has done over 60 Legacy installs, I (matt) haven't done that many.

Tuning we have done over 200.

No worries

So it seems the two shops that are mentioned here are HB speed and Yimi's.

Is HB speed new? I've never heard of them before. It also seems that they don't have a shop yet? Is this just TDC moving to Socal?

HB speed being the best tuners and Yimi's being the best installers, they should just merge and become one superpower!!:spin::eek:

So it seems the two shops that are mentioned here are HB speed and Yimi's.

Is HB speed new? I've never heard of them before. It also seems that they don't have a shop yet?

HB speed being the best tuners and Yimi's being the best installers, they should just merge and become one superpower!!:spin::eek:

We have a shop

it should be fully up and functional by the end of next week.

I like harman

1. why?

2. pros

3. cons

4. what you had done

yea, I was just about to ask what happened to Harman Motive, lol.

All the work done to my car has been with Yimi and they have been really good to me. Paul has tuned my car twice and while my car is a temperamental b*tch (sorry honey i love you) I am really happy that paul has been able to make my car operate on almost normal lines (I have a built motor and most likely a crazy knock sensor). They have a functional garage and great people working at in it. The guys there really care about the customer ex. last two times i went they worked on my car until 1 am. I do not know any other shop that would do that.

That being said I have never been to HB speed and I am pretty sure that they are great.

Jon and Matt (HB Speed) are nice guys, but to be entirely self serving I have to say ME and my boys at Yimi Sport Tuning :lol:

Honestly though, ask around here and elsewhere and you'll never hear anything bad about customer experiences at Yimi Sport. We care about our work and our customers and will always make sure you get a great deal on parts and labor.

you might even be able to break their dyno. :lol::lol:

Archived