LegacyGT.com

Possible issue with ACT HD/OEM WRX fly...say it ain't so!

HansGT

Story....

ACT HD clutch/pp + WRX OEM fly installed back in Nov. Did the recommended 500-600 mile break in. Has been fine for the past 3000+ miles with no issues. What I am noticing now, past 300 miles or so, is a clunk/pop when I depress the clutch at about 90% of the way down. I can feel it ever so lightly through my foot and can hear it with the radio off. Engagement feels fine, and I only notice it when driving slow going from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. And I don't experience any flywheel chatter. Diagnosis? :confused:

yeah it's weird. I didn't even really notice it that much at first this morning. i can't tell that it's effecting the drivability at all. i got on it today and car still runs like a bat outta hell.

also notice it if drifting along in the lower gears...raise rpms up a little then quickly remove my food from the gas letting rpms drop fast...little clunk. dunno. again doesn't seem to be effecting anything. guessing its just flywheel noise. :confused:

got an email into my install shop.

• 5 months later...
Well the sound had been getting more and more noticeable. I dropped it off at the shop yesterday (Andrewtech). Called them this morning and luckily they had it fixed in under an hour. The pitch mount was loose. Hope that takes car of it.:)

Sorry if I asked any of you this before, but those with ACT clutches, what exact clutch are you running...pressure plate type, disk type, and flywheel? (Hans, sounds like you have heavy duty pp & wrx flywheel, but what disk type?)

I just had a piston problem so the engine is coming out...want to do the clutch at the same time.

Thanks.

Sorry if I asked any of you this before, but those with ACT clutches, what exact clutch are you running...pressure plate type, disk type, and flywheel? (Hans, sounds like you have heavy duty pp & wrx flywheel, but what disk type?)

I just had a piston problem so the engine is coming out...want to do the clutch at the same time.

Thanks.

ACT: SB5-HDMM (=modified street disc)

FLY: OEM '06 WRX (PN: 12342AA090)

Archived