LegacyGT.com

OMG! FlatironsTuning Track Days.

enthusiast

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went of course and a rock sliced my sidewall

you can see on my GPS overlay where I went off. Then the GPS turned off cause I stalled.

So i was studying the GPS data just now. I went into that turn at 98mph and slowed down to only about 60, then hit the dirt(mud) at about 50.

Afterwards I thought that if I had let off the brakes and took the turn, i woulda made it... but now that I see the speeds I had, no way. Shoulda braked sooner.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.e791760b5178fde679d7c357089e3166.jpg

Edited by mwiener2

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

i went of course and a rock sliced my sidewall

you can see on my GPS overlay where I went off. Then the GPS turned off cause I stalled.

So i was studying the GPS data just now. I went into that turn at 98mph and slowed down to only about 60, then hit the dirt(mud) at about 50.

Afterwards I thought that if I had let off the brakes and took the turn, i woulda made it... but now that I see the speeds I had, no way. Shoulda braked sooner.

That is pretty cool how you can graph it out from your GPS like that.:)

can't trust those "paths" it's just points connected by straight lines. If it would record more points, then you could do that kind of analysis.

here's a close up

Ah. Okay, makes sense - not enough resolution.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I have to remember to tell the GPS to lay more breadcrumbs next time... like every second rather than whenever it feels like it.

Can you figure out what is the max resolution, every sec is pretty good? Every 1/2 or 1/3 sec would be really awesome for some good data afterwards.

Yeah, I think my main mistake that day was determining my braking point. I error on the side of being cautious, so after the long stretches, I nearly always braked too soon. On the other hand, I never went off the track.

Somewhere in between Weiner and I is where I'd like to be.:spin:

Yeah, I think my main mistake that day was determining my braking point. I error on the side of being cautious, so after the long stretches, I nearly always braked too soon. On the other hand, I never went off the track.

Somewhere in between Weiner and I is where I'd like to be.:spin:

You looked good Scotty. Especially at the end when we were leaving. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...