LegacyGT.com

OMG! FlatironsTuning Track Days.

enthusiast

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much gas are you going to burn?? Wouldn't a full tank from your favorite gas station more than cover it?

I'm definitely going E85 that day and every other day.

BTW, when you got your Fastest Outback 13.77 were you running E85? Curious... I think I'll come close to that now.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

PS: XP10's seem good for track days?

I might just run these for the summer, then do the Hawk pads for winter... what you think?

XP10s will be fine. If you have them on before hand, just bring the spare set just in case you burn through them...

I personally would not run XP10s on the street. Too much noise, and it takes a little heat to get them happy ;)

:spin:

^^^^ +1. They are noisy.

I run XP8s all around for track day. I take the off right away. I would be very surprised to see someone in a beginner session burn through some XP10s in one track day unless their foot was resting on the brakes the whole run. :lol:

My front XP8s have three track days on them and still have a lot of pad.

But, you can never be too sure. I bring a back up set as well. ;)

BTW: Last week when I was up there a coyote was hit while trying to cross the track. Deer, and Elk are known to come out as well.

How much gas are you going to burn?? Wouldn't a full tank from your favorite gas station more than cover it?

I'm definitely going E85 that day and every other day.

BTW, when you got your Fastest Outback 13.77 were you running E85? Curious... I think I'll come close to that now.

I'm gonna need 1/4 to 3/8 a tank just to get there and back. Easily burn through a half a tank at the track.

yes, on e85 at the drag

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Anyone want to buy my day? I just have too much going on and don't think I can participate. There's a chance I'll be in San Jose that weekend anyway. I know I'll be in Sacramento the following Monday.

Anyone? Just drop me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...
Everyone get their e-mails? Don't tell anyone where the track is!!!

Got my email. Was very surprised to hear that the state patrol is closing the mousetrap to allow us to race drive laps. Good thing, too, since I have plenty of practice going WOT from westbound I-70 to northbound I-25.

Anyone know where to get a cheap helmet? The uglier the better.

My '05 LGT

Got my email. Was very surprised to hear that the state patrol is closing the mousetrap to allow us to race drive laps. Good thing, too, since I have plenty of practice going WOT from westbound I-70 to northbound I-25.

Anyone know where to get a cheap helmet? The uglier the better.

I have a extra dirtbike helmet. Although I am not sure if it will fit you.

So how much gas should we need for the whole day?

Okay I'm ready. Just bought a helmet from Sun for $99. Good enough. I then went and changed my oil with Royal Purple (figured I'd give that a try) and filled up with E85. That should leave me ~3/4 tank by Saturday. If you pass me it's only because I am rationing fuel.

My '05 LGT

I might. It's 19 miles from my house. As far as a convoy, I'm coming from Westminster... do you still live off 287 in Lafayette?

nope, i'm in boulder now.

I plan on having a mostly full tank, plus 10 gallons before I head down.

it's only $2.79 in longmont, $2.89 in north boulder, and $3.39 in Lafayette (WTF!!??!!)

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons