LegacyGT.com

OMG! FlatironsTuning Track Days.

enthusiast

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in. Who else? My goal is 14.39 and I'd like to get 4-6 runs in.

I will be there for sure!

My dad will be in town for my graduation, I think he might bring his stock 03 Z06 to the track. I keep telling him I can beat him. LOL

Also my brother in law and cousin also might join with a pontiac solstice GXP and mazda speed6.

If everyone show it should be a blast.

My goal is 14.3, but it sucks because i really like to have my windows down to get a good launch, and they won't let us. Maybe i need a louder exhaust.

Is anyone switching brake pads for the track days? I have whatever comes with the Brembo Grad Turismo kit up front and SS-M pads in the rear.

I'm kinda thinking it might burn up the fronts, they have close to 40k miles on them. Any ideas for track pads or everyday pads to use at the track?

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I am going to use my Carbotech XP8s on the front and Hawks in the back. I changed the pads at the track last time. I may change them at home this time and bed them in again.

I think this time I will have better braking as I have upgraded the lines and rotors from the last track time.

I run Hawk Blue in my Z for track days. They hold up pretty well at State Patrol track for me, and the Z is about 300 lbs heavier than the LGT. They are Hawk's track pads, a step up from HP+. Don't know if they make them for LGT though.

• 2 months later...

Alright guys, just 4 weeks until the track day. I'm getting excited as it's my first time doing any track driving or getting any driving instruction (other than the "slow down" from my wife or the "do you really have to do that?" kind of stuff).

Anyhow, I know mwiener2 and collegemt are signed up... 54 cars in total... any other members here?

Do you guys have any "to-do" items prior to the day? I'm changing fluids, checking brakes, and will need to do some final tuning on my IIe setup. For tuning I'll be looking into tip-in and post-shift boost response.. that's about it. I won't be doing any suspension mods.

I anticipate being in the 10th-20th percentile as far as racing around the track. I would have to think that at least 2/3 the cars are faster than mine and that at least 2/3 the peeps have done this before. I don't care though as I plan on having a blast. I hope I can pass someone at least though.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

yeah, not dyno tuned though, just dyno pull.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/mwiener2/002.jpg

It's only about 10-15 HP/TQ more than my pump gas pull, but it was also about 30-40 degrees hotter out. An actualy dyno tune would get me another 10-15 hp on top of that. But it's not worth the $$ at this point.

There's also a slight chance I might score some rear brembos to match my fronts. That'd be sweet

Also not sure if I'm gonna run E85 or gas at the track. I'd liek to run E85, but whats the availability of it down there? Should I bring some gas cans?

Edited by mwiener2

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Look for this car there:

[ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/15129201@N03/2306917614/]my car by corey 2.jpg on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2326/2306917614_36e27e009b_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@2306917614@@AMEPARAM@@36e27e009b[/ame]