LegacyGT.com

Survey: How many people on the board own an OB?

Guest *Jedimaster*

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been on here off and on since I bought my OB in '05. I've gotten great use and enjoyment out of all the information available and this includes using the search feature. Is there a thread I haven't found dedicated to ouback mods and specific parts? Should there be?

When I first bought my OBXT I spent a day with the dremel and the bondo hacking up my grille and after 3 years I'd like a new one. I thought I remember reading that the LGT and OBXT have different grilles and the available aftermarket pieces will not fit an OB. If this is correct, does anybody else make one specifically for outbacks?

Well, my car came in 4th of July morning! No tag, so I got to look at it for three days before driving it. Drove it 60 miles last night.

The thing's a bullet.

That fires 2 secs after you pull the trigger.(damn turbo lag)

But once it goes....yeehaw! And smooth as a jet.

'05 OB XT 5eat.

• 2 weeks later...
08 Outback 2.5 limited. Traded in a 08 Legacy as I needed more storage. I had a dodge magnum which I had traded for the Legay. The outback is a far better ride and the fule economy is great.

• 2 weeks later...
05 2.5i OB OBP. 71K on the clock. Just had a bad rear wheel bearing replaced under warranty and have had a few other issues, but not a bad car at all. This is my wife's car. My car is an 03 PSM WRX sedan. Love that car. I had a 96 OB before that which was a great car also. Traded it in at 120K.

Can't believe I've missed this thread so long!

Got a new 07 XT in Feb 07. Did the 60,000 mile service this weekend (except spark plugs - doing those next weekend). Only mods so far are new bulbs, DRL disable, and flashed Stage I with my AP. The AP fixed the stuttering problem - I just wish I could program my son to stop growing! He's 15 and has shot up to 6' 2" tall and doesn't fit well in the back seat.

Can't believe I've missed this thread so long!

Got a new 07 XT in Feb 07. Did the 60,000 mile service this weekend (except spark plugs - doing those next weekend). Only mods so far are new bulbs, DRL disable, and flashed Stage I with my AP. The AP fixed the stuttering problem - I just wish I could program my son to stop growing! He's 15 and has shot up to 6' 2" tall and doesn't fit well in the back seat.

60k in 18 months? Driving the damn tires off of it eh? Any mech/warranty issues yet?

60k in 18 months? Driving the damn tires off of it eh? Any mech/warranty issues yet?

Yeah, I spend a lot of time driving. I live 94 miles from work.

As far as mech issues, at about 27000 miles I was getting some misfiring from cylinder 3. Dealership just replaced the spark plug, then cylinder 3 just disintegrated. Never did figure out what went wrong, but they replaced the engine under warranty.

I also experienced the stuttering that seems so common with these engines, but the AP cured that.

We've been very happy with the car. I knew I'd be putting lots of miles in and it looks like the Outback will stand up to it for a while. Plus, the turbo is great for negotiating the insane DC traffic.

Sadly, my '95 Outback has driven the last of its 225,000+ miles. After a run in with a deer some time ago (ugly, yet superficial damage) an AC unit that just didn't anymore, and finally an 'expended' clutch, it's time to say goodbye. It's been a great car that has never let me down though from the beach to the mountians in NC to pushing snow with the bumper up in central NY.

I won't be far from the forum though, as for the last 48 hours or so I'm the proud new owner of a '05 Baja Sport. She's an odd looking little beast, but I'm having fun. What do you think, should it be the beach or the mountians for the first big trip out?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Just purchased a black 08 Outback XT Limited 5MT. It's a great car and I'm looking forward to the Cleveland winter to see how it performs in the snow. I hear nothing but good things about the AWD.

Did you have many MT Outback XT's to choose from? I just bought my 2005 OB XT 5MT in Chicago and had it shipped 750 miles to me, there just wasn't anything around with a manual trans.