LegacyGT.com

Survey: How many people on the board own an OB?

Guest *Jedimaster*

03 OB in Brilliant Silver.

Just traded up from a blue over platinum '01 OBS...

..which replaced a black over silver '98 OBS...

...which replaced a graphite 85 GL Wagon...

...which replaced a red '81 GL Wagon--the red, white and grey plaid seats of which I still miss. (Sniffle.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey ive had my obxt for almost 3 years now...just under 25k miles. whats the deal with the 30k service at the stealerships? ive seen quoted prices from 450-over 1000 usd. i am not capable of doing the work myself, nor do i have the time. if this is posted in the wrong forum, mods plz move it. what should the stealership do during the 30k service? being its a turbo, i expect itll cost more than a normal 30k service. the car is running in tip top shape (knock on wood) and im just planning ahead to prepare for the inevitable. thanks in advance.

hey ive had my obxt for almost 3 years now...just under 25k miles. whats the deal with the 30k service at the stealerships? ive seen quoted prices from 450-over 1000 usd. i am not capable of doing the work myself, nor do i have the time. if this is posted in the wrong forum, mods plz move it. what should the stealership do during the 30k service? being its a turbo, i expect itll cost more than a normal 30k service. the car is running in tip top shape (knock on wood) and im just planning ahead to prepare for the inevitable. thanks in advance.

If you get a Chase Subaru MasterCard you can earn Subaru Bucks that can take a lot of the sting out of having work done at the dealership.

• 4 weeks later...

I will be a first time Subie owner in a week or so. I just sent the contract back for my used(25K mi.)1 owner OB XT 5at in Atl.Blue/granite/off black.

I'm buying it from Planet Subaru of Hanover,Mass. Any comments on car or dealer would be welcomed. Long-distance car purchase is making me nervous.

I plan on switching all fluids to synthetic at first opportunity, Mobil 1 plus Lucas treatment for the motor. Any problems with that I should know about?

I already know to not drain the transaxle by mistake, a buddy did that years ago on his Tercel.

Also, is service fairly simple for a competent mech?(which I am)

Can that 30K service be DYI?

A pic:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj87/DaynBramage/IMG_0397.jpg

Edited by DragnWagn

Nice! I wish mine was that color.

I've done two long distance purchases, where the cars were shipped from an out-of-state CarMax location to the one near my home. In both cases, the cars needed several hundred dollars worth of minor repair. CarMax has a 30 day repair warranty, so it cost me nothing except the time to take them in to be fixed.

Good luck!

Edited by DiscoPete
Added comment about long distance purchases.

I'm buying it from Planet Subaru of Hanover,Mass. Any comments on car or dealer would be welcomed. Long-distance car purchase is making me nervous.

Let us know about the experience (maybe in a new thread) because Planet might be where I get mine

Road Trips for New(ish) Cars FTW!

Nice! I wish mine was that color.

Damn hard to find red or blue. I could do without the two-tone though. But this was the best deal/lowest miles. Wish I could find one the deep blue of the LGTs. Might have to squirt the lowers the same color in the future.

Not even here yet and I'm already painting it.:spin: