LegacyGT.com

Survey: How many people on the board own an OB?

Guest *Jedimaster*

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You might want to look at moving it to the rear.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18537&highlight=antenna+wagon+wing+install&page=2

#19 part way down is the standard people do here...

I may do that down the road. But for now it's there and it works. My wife usually leaves the sun visor on the passenger side down anyway so I rarely see it.

I just found an 05 Outback XT with the 5 speed. It's time to make it better, what are my best exhaust/ECM and suspension options?

(new guy, long time Subaru fan, first time owner)

-Thom

For suspension, I did tires (kumho ASX), Cusco sway bars Front & rear, and Megan Racing coilovers. With each mod, it made a huge difference. I would do all of these if starting over, but I wouldn't wait so long to do the Megans - they are awesome! For exhaust, I started with a gutted OEM uppipe and downpipe, and got an AccessPort and ran a stage 2 map. Just adding the AP and running a stage 1 map you'll notice a big difference. I still think this is your most economical rout to get a substantial bump in power. If you want to spend a bit more, I'd go with either a gutted OEM or aftermarket uppipe, and a full turbo back exhaust. I've got a downpipe and a modified sensor for sale you may be able to use here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101018

You will have to mod the hangers on the mufflers or try some longer hangers to lower the tips below the bumper. I installed 08 LGT mufflers on my OBXT. I had Midas bend the mufflers hangers to let the tips sit one inch below the bumper.

Note: I ordered XL rubber hangers and there is not enough room for them. Had to go the Midas route.

IMG_1487.thumb.jpg.34419da049a71a5a18333d36ee7fc810.jpg

IMG_1496.JPG.72aaa0fde03776fde487ebcbfe282c13.JPG

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

-Dante Alighieri

http://youtu.be/lLFunBPgPOo

Just got a 2005 outback limited. I LOVE IT. I'm not sad about not having a turbo, I love all the bells and whistle's this thing has. New to the boards this is my first post. Can anyone PM me some good site listings for a front grill swap out like the red LGT wagon above me? THANKS!

I got that from ROMMEL a poster on this site. I highly recommend him. The grill is top quality custom made and is very heavy duty. The paint matches perfect and is also top quality. I made the XT badge myself. He sold me mine for $250 shipped in September.

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

-Dante Alighieri

http://youtu.be/lLFunBPgPOo

You will have to mod the hangers on the mufflers or try some longer hangers to lower the tips below the bumper. I installed 08 LGT mufflers on my OBXT. I had Midas bend the mufflers hangers to let the tips sit one inch below the bumper.

Note: I ordered XL rubber hangers and there is not enough room for them. Had to go the Midas route.

Or purchase the JDM outback bumper skin like I did. Do a search about it and you will find it.

Yeah for close to $1000. I paid $20 to Midas and $150 for the mufflers and it looks great.

I do like the bumper, but until I am rear ended and can upgrade, I am stuck with the stock bumper.

He said, "rear ended" LOL!

Ok, so it wasn't that funny... :O)

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah for close to $1000. I paid $20 to Midas and $150 for the mufflers and it looks great.

I do like the bumper, but until I am rear ended and can upgrade, I am stuck with the stock bumper.

Its not that much, you can get it unpainted much cheaper and you can also get it painted without buying the kit from japanparts. I made the mistake of buying the kit when you do not have to.

• 4 weeks later...
^Did you get the mufflers from the dealer? 2 for $150.00? If so I'm going to do this today :) haha

Get them from some LGT owner who has upgraded, for much less than $150 - otherwise you might as well get some Magnaflows welded in, or some used aftermarket axelback.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 2 weeks later...